MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a few lil questions. 1. when i was taking off the ex. manifold i notice it had i think about 4 gaskets is how its suppost to be?? 2. also when i remove the manifold the turbo was this on it and when i put it down i notice that i could move the turbo back and forward. is that because its not on the block or is it missing bolts?? and the last question its when removing the cylinder head do i got to remove the camshafts too? or no?
ok thanks

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
1.)Thats the factory metal gasket and it has layers too it. You can just buy a new one if you do not feel comfortable reusing it.

2.) Do you mean the turbo is not tight against the exh. mani.? It shouldn't be loose like that and will actually cause a big loss of power since there would be a leak before the turbo and also cause poor running conditions.

3.) You do not need to remove the cams luckily to pull the head.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
1.)Thats the factory metal gasket and it has layers too it. You can just buy a new one if you do not feel comfortable reusing it.

2.) Do you mean the turbo is not tight against the exh. mani.? It shouldn't be loose like that and will actually cause a big loss of power since there would be a leak before the turbo and also cause poor running conditions.

3.) You do not need to remove the cams luckily to pull the head.
here i took a pic on the part that i mean it move. its just the turbo that moves. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2046959/4

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Wow does that look nasty down there. It looks like either an oil leak or a real nasty exaust leak has been going on. By moves do you mean that the peice (looks like you are pointing to the intake side) rotates? If that is what you mean then you just need to tighten the center band.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its turbo its self if you grave the mouth of the turbo i could move it back and forward without moving the other parts. and how can i clean that??

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
the only thing that holds the turbo to the motor is the manifold, one support, and the cat supports.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
you can move it around because its not attached to the engine anymore...... just use some sort of degreaser.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts