MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
worked on striping my '85 parts car a bit over the last few days... this car has the auto climate control... it apparently uses vacume to control the stuff in the frunk...

as many of you know for a boost gauge w/ a turbo a simple way to get the signal is tap into the brake booster signal (this doesn't work for the GZE due to the brake booster signal coming from before the blower)... i had planed on making an adapter... but i found this...

this will simply require a small bit of vacume hose on the end of this runn to the hard line/hose of the boost gauge... nice and simple... no custom parts to build... just rip this out of the car and replace it in the other car w/ the boost gauge :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
as many of you know for a boost gauge w/ a turbo a simple way to get the signal is tap into the brake booster signal
I didn't know :smile:

Nice idea. Any drawbacks or issues I should worry about? Can you really just T into the brake booster line and run a short piece of tubing to the dash? I've seen a few discussions about needing 10 feet or so of vacuum tubing....

James

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Yes you can, but some were worried there may be some lag from the pressure having to travel through the brake booster line.. it should be fine, but most people just run a full line just to be sure..

Brando

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I wonder if your signal might be better from the booster line than running 10 feeth through a very small tube.. or if the extra volume in the big line would act as a bigger buffer against change... either way, its prob faster than you can tell.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i don't figure my eyes will be that quick... although i'll prob play w/ the comparison when i get my mega squirt on also lol....

rember this only works on turbo cars... not SC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts