MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I don't see why they would be different, same blocks, same oil cooler.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
lagos said:
its just a filter. if it screws in place its fine.
umm.....no! That kind of thinking can lead to big problems down the road.

The 3sge and 3sgte filters should be interchangable but not positive. You may check with the UK guys on there board as I am sure they would know.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
umm.....no! That kind of thinking can lead to big problems down the road.

The 3sge and 3sgte filters should be interchangable but not positive. You may check with the UK guys on there board as I am sure they would know.
Y did you make that statement? All filters filter oil. and if your buying Toyota there made the same. It pretty much is a matter of what fits. Out side of Truck filters whcih will be larger to filter more oil.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
You might even be able to call the toyota dealer and find out but after looking around I am pretty sure the 3sge guys use the 3sgte filters. You might post this question in the hybrid section and see what they think.

Just out of curiosity, why are you asking?

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
rhudeboye said:
Y did you make that statement? All filters filter oil. and if your buying Toyota there made the same. It pretty much is a matter of what fits. Out side of Truck filters whcih will be larger to filter more oil.
The fact that all toyota filter's aren't made the same is why I said that. If the filter is larger with a bigger circumference then it will not seal on the poper area on the oil cooler and will leak perfusly and vice versa. If you do not catch this leak it can lead to major problems.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
The fact that all toyota filter's aren't made the same is why I said that. If the filter is larger with a bigger circumference then it will not seal on the poper area on the oil cooler and will leak perfusly and vice versa. If you do not catch this leak it can lead to major problems.
Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Speedy2k said:
The 3SGTE filter is a bit taller than the 5SFE filter. Same circumference though.
Yes, but I was talking about all toyota filter's in general. I know that the 5sfe is shorter than the 3sgte's filter.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
gjs-mr2 said:
i think a turbo block is a little different then a N/A !!
You're talking about a 3SGE. A 3S block is a 3S block is a 3S block regardless of the head that's on it.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
You can use a 5SFE filter on a 3SGTE and vice versa.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Finally got around to looking it up on the EPC. Same part #'s. YZZA1

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
redblues said:
You can use a 5SFE filter on a 3SGTE and vice versa.
I know, if I was referring to the 5sfe filter I would have stated it but I am talking about other filters made by toyota. Nevermind you miss my point. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts