MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation, I'm going from one motor to another. Original was a ChrisK 2.0 with OS valves, TI retainers, 65lb valve springs, street port, 272 cam with gears, OEM injectors/rail, oem intake manifold, oem exhaust and oem turbo. The new motor is going to be a 2.2 with OS valves, race port head, TI retainers, 272 cams with cam gears, 1000cc injectors, top feed fuel rail, RMR manifold, t3/60-1 with full 3" exhaust.

The EMS is an Accel DFI gen7. The question is, am I going to be able to raise the VE for safety, and tune from there? Or must I use a completely different tune. I know the timing will probably need to be a little more advanced for the larger turbo. But, will the pulsewidth still be the same? I can do VE, target a/f (no brainer), timing and cold start enrichment descent enough to pass. I'm a bit sketchy on everything else though.

If anyone has any Accel maps they would be willing to share so I can just peruse, please email them to [email protected]

Thank you

-Andrew

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
The increased displacement is going to require tuning in the cruising range. The bigger turbo is going to require tuning in the WOT range. You pretty much should have the whole calibration redone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts