MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on tires to replace decades old Toyo T1S Ultra High Performance Summer w/ rating 240 AA A. 215/40ZR17 & 245/35ZR17. The fronts are very tight.

Current suspension: SSR 17 X 7.5 & 17 X 8.5 both with 42mm offset. Lowered on JIC coilovers.

The car is only driven in the summer. It sees almost no road use when raining. It is stored in a non-heated garage where temperatures can get as low as 0F.

Done the research and leaning towards:
P ZERO NERO GT 215/40ZR17 & 245/40ZR17.

Is there any hope to fit 255/40ZR17? Traction is not possible in 1st or 2nd. I am not interested in rolling the fenders (which I understand can lead to corrosion) or installing flares.

·
Premium Member
12,876 Posts
255 is pretty wide for an 8.5" wheel. You have highish offsets, so it might work, but if you don't want to roll the fenders I would stick with 245's That said, stickier tires will do far more for grip than an extra 10mm of tire width, and the difference between virtually anything with a 240tw rating and any of the current top tier 200tw tires is night and day. However most of them do advise against storing in those sorts of temps... Any chance of pulling them for the winter (leave the car on jack stands maybe) and bringing them inside?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might want to check out the Nitto NT NeoGen all-season ultra high-performance tires. Check out the reviews. They are known to have excellent control and traction in all weather conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts