MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk was a bit heavy for the hinge's ability to hold the trunk up and it would not stay up on an incline, so i grabbed an old worn out 240SX trunk strut and made a mount for it on the bottom using 70's venetian blind brackets :smile:

·
Original
10,788 Posts
kirkosaurus said:
Nice.
I just forked out $35 and got the kit from TwosRus.

not a bad price. i've got the engine lid strut from them, now i need the trunk and frunk kits...

next we need something to replace the missing/worn out gas door springs, so that people dont have to stick their key in there and mess up the paint.

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Frunk kits are in final fab in the UK...gas door spring...I'll have to look at that.

·
Original
10,788 Posts
David Hawkins said:
Frunk kits are in final fab in the UK...gas door spring...I'll have to look at that.

i actually know of a couple of people who are missing these springs. anytime i go to the junkyard and see a MKI, i usually get the gas door spring, if the door is still attached to the car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like the frunk idea. when i go to the junkyard next time, i'll grab a set of mercedes ones and adapt them to the frunk. with the truck there isnt much mass even with the spoiler, but the frunk will need much more engineering to hold up over time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts