MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pointers on how to change the cable for the trunk release? I've tried fishing the new cable with the existing one and I had no luck at all, it wont move.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You have to remove rear carpet on the firewall and you'll see it, it's "glued" with duck tape on wiring in the car, that's why it don't move.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mine seems stretched.

Is anyone willing to take a picture of the latch and where (and how) the cable is supposed to connect to it?

Mine also seems to be hooked up to the latch incorrectly. It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem, trunk cable snapped, where did you buy yours? if you are unsucessful fishing it through I know it sucks but probably removing it and straightning the line out and fishing it through then would work

·
Registered
244 Posts
I replaced mine a few weeks ago. it is just how it looks, run the cable through the firewall and bolt the latch assembly in place, then put the red plastic cap into the latch bracket and pull out the cable (like you would do if the latch was hooked up and you were opening the engine lid). Then rotate the small cyliner around until it fits into the back of the latch itself. If you have any problems hit me up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts