1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pt 1 can be found here
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=434526&page=1&pp=50

A little "tuck" job lol

Distributor in. New Toyota; o-ring, rotor, "packing", cap. New Denso Iridiums to match as well.

Alternator in. Here you see how I ran the bulk of the injector harness behind the manifold. The maifold stays will support the harness nice and snug, you you see this later.

I cant get over how good my trans looks.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Coolant pipes

SS clutch line, brass sb, coolant hose, etc.

Pulled the "ebay" dp. Here you can see clearly how I rerouted the oil feed line. Im a little on the edge since it kind of a tight bend the hose is doing. You can also see the cool tape on the oil drain line where the ebay dp was a 1/4in fro touching.

Poly rear mount. Mmmmmm.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replacing my ebay dp witht his...Berk 3" Flex downpipe. Flex section to eliminate cracked dps. Has much thicker piping than the ebay dp.

I have about an inch clearance now from the oil drain line :]

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crossmember too me hours to clean, 2 rolls of blue paper towels, bottles of degreaser, 2 wire brushes, a paint scraper, and a pool. I estimated 35 engines have exploded in this engine bay to cause this much grease build up lol. Here it is all fresh

Rear mount

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After reading almost every single trans fluid thread I went with this: Redline Light Weight Shock Proof. It looks and feels like no trans fluid Ive seen.

KO throttle inlet. Gonna paint my vc after I take it off after 1k miles to tighter my ARP head studs.

Bov, hotpipe, stock ic. Im not gonna use the stock ic. I already ordered my upgraded smic and Berk 1 piece cold pipe.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
luckily for me i have a steam cleaner here at the shop and cleaning crossmembers takes maybe 10 min to have them like new again.

if you ever have to do it again haul it to a wand spray wash car wash and get some good degreaser, soak x-member and blast away!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Haha, my crossmember was also disgusting. Your transmission turned out great; I wish I spent more time on mine but there are so many nooks and crannies I felt I would never get it clean enough to paint.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
daddylonglegs said:
Haha, my crossmember was also disgusting. Your transmission turned out great; I wish I spent more time on mine but there are so many nooks and crannies I felt I would never get it clean enough to paint.
Only took like 2 + hours to clean. I had the case split and everything taken out so it was a little easier. But still a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I like your work, probably because it closely mimics a lot of what I've been doing :)

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
A power washer is your friend...although your transmission is INTENSE. Props to you, sir.

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
yeah ceramic coating is the way to go... if you need ceramic coating let me know... can do it for a really good price for you ;)

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
There are different colors of ceramic you can go with as well. Black and grey are the standards but there is also ceramachrome...

I like the finish my local powdercoated ceramic coated mine with :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might go with ceramic coating on the dp later. But Im currently looking at a bigger turbo as Im on the stock ct26 so Im still undecided.

I have the oil drain line wrapped in "cool tape" resistant up to 1500*. The angle of the pic makes it look as if the dp is much closer to the oil line when in fact at the closest point its about an inch and thats where it's wrapped.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mister3 Ill let you know if I need ceramic coating. But Im really leaning towards a gt28rs kit and Im guessing Ill need different dp and a bigger oil drain line.

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
True. Good point. If you're looking at the GT28RS I think you should check out the GT2871 and see if it's right for you.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
RedStarr said:
True. Good point. If you're looking at the GT28RS I think you should check out the GT2871 and see if it's right for you.
Ok thanks. I may look into a billet version. I was looking at s252 and gt3071 but they seem a little big. Im only looking for 300ish whp. So now Im looking at a little smaller for increased spool. I just dont want to be on the edge of the threshold of the the turbo. Gotta do more research I guess.

Oh and I did use the pressure washer on most the parts including the transmission. But they still had to be scrubbed with wire brushes and brillow pads since the grime had been baked" on. I didnt have the pw when I was doing the xmember and hated my life lol.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
ruggiero06 said:
mister3 Ill let you know if I need ceramic coating. But Im really leaning towards a gt28rs kit and Im guessing Ill need different dp and a bigger oil drain line.
well... i could make you a turbo kit and if you sent your feed/return lines up could save a few bucks.

the 28RS is a nice kit but the fasteners suck (8x1.25) because of the t25 exhaust housing. and for the cost of a 28RS kit elsewhere you'd get a EWG'd turbo kit.... stealth as well because of that Vegas smog ;)

PS: something like the CT2-5056 w/.38AR turbine housing would kick ass on your car.

the 2871R not good... 3071R is good but the t2 version would spool the quickest = more fun

1 - 20 of 38 Posts