MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just wanted to know your opinion on what i should get cuz im having trouble deciding between the two.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have heard TRD are kind of soft.. I have ST's and I have no problems at all with them.. I think they handle well, and the ride isnt overly harsh, I like the way it feels..

Brando

·
Registered
605 Posts
I informed about TRD's a while back here on the board and came to the conclusion that they lower 9 out of 10 times way more than the 1" drop they claim te lower :(

seeing I have 205/45/16 tyres (bigger than stock) the risk of rubbing wheels was to high for me ;)

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
there are two types of TRD springs, The race springs and the regular ones. The race ones lower almost 2" and the regular ones lower like Eibach springs which barely lower the car at all if at all.

Todd
87sc
www.cardomain.com/id/tksmr2

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Good luck finding some ST springs if that's what you plan on getting.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
tksmr2 said:
there are two types of TRD springs, The race springs and the regular ones. The race ones lower almost 2" and the regular ones lower like Eibach springs which barely lower the car at all if at all.

Todd
87sc
TRD's are made by eibach

if the car doesn't "look" lowered it's probably because your stock springs have sagged after the 15 years of use.....

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
toyotaspeed90 said:
TRD's are made by eibach

if the car doesn't "look" lowered it's probably because your stock springs have sagged after the 15 years of use.....

Yes, I know atleast there (TRD) regualar performance springs are made by Eibach, hence the 1" or less of lowering. But, they also made a harder to find TRD race spring for the AW11 that dropped almost 2".

I wonder how much stock springs can really sag, 1" full inch? I don' know about that.

Todd
87sc

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
i enjoy my 'regular' TRD progressive rate springs. they lowered the car as they adverstised. i also feel that my handling is NOT underrated or anything. i do pretty well during track events and autocrosses and during 'spirited' driving.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
YGM, Kirk. (again...)

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
My ST springs lowered my 88 by and inch or a little more. I'm sure the stock springs were sagging a bit, but the STs are a nice drop.

John
88 SC, 93T

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i have the ST's and the car looks great...the ride is a bit harsh...but its not that bad once you get used to it..and as for the good luck finding them i called nopi and i got them like 3 days later do id try them first...

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
I got my ST springs and also the Cusco rear strut bar - the special one for the SC - from the old 6deep.com that went out of business. I guess I got mine right before they became hard to get - just lucky.

John
88 SC, 93T

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Nopi doesn't have the ST springs. I tried ordering through them a few weeks ago, only to get an email from them saying they're on back order and it'll be a while.

T

·
0 Posts
I got my ST springs from JCwhitney of all places. They had them in stock a couple weeks ago. Was about $160 after shipping. I think they were well worth it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts