MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also scanned the HKS 1990s catalog as well. I'll have that up later today. I have a bunch more catalogs, but these are the best due to the information they provide.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I noticed you wrote down some prices for a few different 4ag/aw11 parts. are those really old or somewhat recent? the only important part is the part numbers? or are the prices still true? my turbo project is on hold now, until I can figure out what parts I can still get that are listed in the catalog.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
awesome,

now it will give me something to do at work lol

thanks bill!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have this catalog somewhere in a box in my basement. I also have one from 1994 I believe. :thumbup

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya, it is still sitting on my hard drive. I keep getting catalog layouts and ads design requests thrown on my desk. I have been hammered with work lately. sorry. Soon I'll get it up there

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
That TRD catalog is awesome. "How to disable the EGR" LOL! The EPA would shoot them if they released this today.

Boy, what happened to TRD, they used to be focused on performance.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
this is awesome :) I wonder if these parts can still be found with certainty at old warehouses and such? it's nice to see the MKI getting attention in their catalogue!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I saw the part about disableing the EGR. Would this do any harm to the motor? Just curious. Never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Ghost1985 said:
I saw the part about disableing the EGR. Would this do any harm to the motor? Just curious. Never heard of such a thing.
This is going off the original topic of the thread, but no it doesn't do any harm to the motor.

A lot of people get their EGR system capped off to save some clutter in the engine bay. IMHO this isn't really worth the time or effort if you don't really care about all that. Toyota did put that there for a reason, after all.

But simply put, no it won't hurt anything to take it off (except maybe a little gas mileage).

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
myRice said:
This is going off the original topic of the thread, but no it doesn't do any harm to the motor.

A lot of people get their EGR system capped off to save some clutter in the engine bay. IMHO this isn't really worth the time or effort if you don't really care about all that. Toyota did put that there for a reason, after all.

But simply put, no it won't hurt anything to take it off (except maybe a little gas mileage).
would it really hurt gas mileage? EGR lowers combustion temp which I always though was not so good for gas mileage

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
sliverstorm said:
would it really hurt gas mileage? EGR lowers combustion temp which I always though was not so good for gas mileage
Well, the way I understand it (and I could be wrong), when the exhaust gas is recirculated, some of the unburnt fuel is circulated along with it, which can be reused in combustion, which essentially will save some gas mileage.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts