MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am fixing to get my hands on an clean 89 supercharged car. it needs a tranny replacement. it leaks. i was also curious if anyone has any cool tips for it. i really dont know much about it. thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also does anyone have a dent and rust free front drivers side fender of a mk1 near shreveport louisiana? thanks

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Tranny leaks are almost always the axle seals. Cheaper and easier than a replacement!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey norm i have that peice off. i havent mailed it yet but its ready. i apologize for my lazyness. its on its way. the reason for my supercharged question is for....well you guessed it. im going to sell my car, after motor rebuild and paint and tires and brakes and struts. if you know anyone interested. it will be almost spotless. i will have pictures as well. im not 100% sure on where the leak is. but i do know that it has been repaired a time or 10. so it might not be at the axles. but i do plan on buying a friend of my dads 89 black supercharged car. thanks again norm.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new news. its not a seal leak. it is a crack in the tranny case itsself. and me being the welder i am. i am going to tig weld it back together and if that doesnt work. i will just get a new case and replace the old internals. what all modifications can be done to a supercharged. would a smaller pulley be worth it? bigger fuel injecters? does any body know of any places that specialize in head work? valve springs? cam pulleys? what about taking material off of the flywheel for faster accelerations? what about having the computer reworked? my grandfather wont tell me any hints on more power. i think he is trying to tell me something. anyway thanks yall. and i will have my car for sale within a few months. im starting to put the new motor together. the internals are the same and it did have less miles but it has all new seals and gaskets and plugs and new oil pan all rtv'ed up. and pretty soon it will be painted and have no dents. i bought a fender off ebay and have new hood and nose cone and lights. the intirior is clean replaced a bunch of peices. seats have no rips. 1 rip on the carpet on by the dummy petal. but floor mats cover those up. if anyone is interested i can take pics and email them. but the only good pics i will have will be of the inside. the motor will be completely detailed. every accessory has been detailed block and oil pan painted. new distributer cap and wires. newer pulleys. almost 100% rust free. a little surface rust on tie rods and such but nothing major. thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah. it will be painted super red. and it has new tires on the stock three slot wheels. also new brakes and struts. if any one is interested let me know i can take pics. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts