MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to Auto cross and/or do laps on a track, but never have. My car is pretty much stock, as far as I know, other than the boost controller and FCD. I'm trying to find a hi-flow catback that I can afford, and will put on a hi-flow intake filter. I may be able to upgrade my brakes too, but even if it was factory stock, I'd love to participate. I was reading the rules and it mentioned "roll bar" unless you have a "B-pillar", the T-Top does have a "B-pillar" right? So all I'll need, if I can make it, is the helmet?
Any tips or advice on how much/many track time/runs to put in, and what to concentrate on, on my car would be appreciated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have worked the scca races in lebonon for about 2 years now this is hte first year i will get to race i have noticed that for the most part a stock car can run as long as you have a helmet or they do have loaners on site. the price is 40 for membership i think and as i recall it is 25 bucks a race day or you can pay all year in advance i think it was 300 last year. the local site for scca is www.trscca.com but if you go to the main scca site it will have all hte regions broke apart for you. When you start they will give you a number that you must put on your car while running some use shoe polish or tape but since i have been out there most ppl have real numbers on thier cars cause i sell them on site.you can see my prices at my website 334design.com for full info on the scca check out thier site it has alot of faq's and the ppl there are very helpfull. now the number of runs varies per number of ppl that show up heats are 3 runs per heat and they run till they are out of time. the average lap time is about 65 seconds and it is a very technical track. email me if you need any more info [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts