MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fresh photos of the upcoming 2019 Toyota Supra are giving us a new look at the car’s interior, and the BMW influence is clear.

Looking through the window, a BMW shifter for an automatic transmission is clearly seen, along with the same knob used on BMW’s iDrive infotainment system. Even the steering wheel appears to be from the new Z4, although a Toyota badge is clearly visible underneath some tape.

For those not in the know, BMW and Toyota paired up to develop this sports car, with BMW getting a new Z4 out of the deal and Toyota walking away with a new Supra. Toyota’s offering will be a coupe, while the BMW will be convertible only.

Read more about the Toyota Supra Leaves its BMW Showing in New Spy Shots at AutoGuide.com.

·
Premium Member
12,716 Posts
Not sure if this is an indication of their needing help or not, but in all of the track days I have been to I think my MR2 has been the only Toyota branded car. A few FRS's / BRZ's of course. But dozens of BMW's ranging from 25 years old to pretty much brand new, doing everything from HPDE to Time Trials to wheel to wheel racing. The Germans are doing something right!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I have owned 2 BMW's in the past. Not impressed. Getting them to go beyond 100k miles without spending huge amounts of money is difficult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts