MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The side profile is gorgeous. The rest of the car... Not so much!

This is literally a front engine rwd Citroen GT. Ugly as hell! Hopefully the front and rear see dramatic changes if they're gonna pursue a production version.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
The side profile is gorgeous. The rest of the car... Not so much!

This is literally a front engine rwd Citroen GT. Ugly as hell! Hopefully the front and rear see dramatic changes if they're gonna pursue a production version.
Agree, and it's better than most people's idea of the next gen concept Supra that I was seeing all over Facebook recently!

It may look odd in most of the views, but to be honest by the time it comes into production this type of style might be considered a norm. :p

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
I don't know looks very much like a F1 nose with headlights. Kinda like it when you realize that aspect of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the concept looks awesome! I am glad that Toyota is bringing back sporty cars now. This is mainly due to the current President of Toyota being such an avid car enthusiast. It is nice that we don't have to turn to other manufacturers anymore if we want a sports car that will be reliable. Be thankful.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Personally, I think it looks awesome. You know the production version would be a bit more subtle.

I would take it as it stands, but with smaller wheels :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
At first I wasnt sure, but I very quickly grew to really like this concept. The clear front/mid engine placement is great. The "low slungness" is great. One key point to keep in mind, and speaking as a mechanical engineer with a feel for aerodynamics - the designers said that functional aero and such were key drivers for their sculpting efforts. They used the term "functional sculpting" or something to that effect. I agree with the approach and like the result. On top of that the clear design cues from F1 and older Toyota GT cars, Supra, etc., works well I think. The side window rake is very noticeable. The overall styling may be "extreme" but it says serious/aggressive/sexy to me.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Something is wrong here. It doesn't have the iForce-V8 stupid plaque on the back or Limited plaque, or even an FT-1 plaque anywhere. It can't be a Toyota.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd find a hole in the houshold budget to get me one. I suppose they could quiet the front end down a bit, but leaving it as it is would be a rolling dare. If they power the car to match the looks (by not giving it a 16 valve 105 hp repurposed squirrel cage) then I think it would be a highly marketable car. From the side the style is the bees knees, big ol wheels and all.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Doesn't it ever bother people how the front wheel arch is always just a little bigger then the rear arch. Is it some part of the design I don't get but it always makes the car look a little funny in my book.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's a little odd I guess, but it gives the illusion of the front end lifting while under a strong acceleration. Which is a bit unsettling when the car is clearly not moving. It's like the car is in a perpetual state of "LAUNCH!"

Plus maybe it's just the camera angle.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Doesn't it ever bother people how the front wheel arch is always just a little bigger then the rear arch. Is it some part of the design I don't get but it always makes the car look a little funny in my book.
I agree. I've never been a fan of a vehicle that either had, or appeared to have a higher arch in the front. Back in 2001, I bought and installed Tanabe coilovers for my 2. The springs came switched around (don't know why), so when we dropped the lift it had 2" of wheel-well gap in the front, and the rear was slightly tucked...i thought my life was over....until we switched the springs around...then when the lift came down, my 2 sat perfect!
Big arch in front and less in rear= no bueno!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think the biggest change that should be made is the headlight design. Change those and I'd be in love. I like most of it, but the headlights look odd.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts