MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
the rear end reminds me of the TVR speed six. Which i dont mind, one of my favorite british cars actually. But the front end looks like it has a fu manchu going on... ehhh. Overall i like it. And a V6 isn't as bad as some people make it, they can be lighter than the 3sgte with more power.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its got its ups and downs IMO. If I were to compare it to the MKII I would say:
1: Looks like they raise the front end a little to put the lights so low. That bothers me a little because it was perfect where it was at. If anything I would've made the front end closer to the ground.
2: Head/tail lights? They need to add a pair of FR-S lights maybe?
3: The middle of the hood on the MKII looked like it came down some compared to the fenders. This looks like a S2000 from the front. Which isn't bad except its not a Honda...
4: Not a fan of the rear end, only because it looks like the MR-S more than the MKII and I didn't care for the MR-S. Get rid of the big, bulky mid section and BRING IN SOME GOOD TAIL LIGHTS PLEASE!! I would like something like the 94' tail lights. :)
All around I think they did good. Sides don't look to bad, fenders look good, and V-6 with awd? Seems a little heavy. Anyone know if the Boxer engine with a 6-speed would work with it? I think it should stay a 4banger with a good turbo. I would give it a 7/10 ONLY because it looks like they are trying to compete again.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts