MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience depinning Toyota connectors? Based on the connectors it looks like an array of tools might be used. I bought one of those 23 piece kits on Amazon, but if anyone has any experience on the exact types of tools required that would be great. I want to start replacing some of the hacked up wires in the door harness and would prefer to just depin the connectors to keep it clean.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I just use a really thin flat head screwdriver. I'm sure the Amazon kit would be great too.

Each plug type can have a different locking mechanism but the pin itself is normally held in by a clip that you can lever out.

This is one type but should give you an idea on how the door plugs work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for the reference. After I made this post I happened to find a few more threads on the specific types I might encounter. I forgot that the factory electrical diagram book that I have I believe shows the types of connectors as well. I'm hoping to tackle rebuilding my door harness with all new wires and just depinning all the connectors.

Anyone have any idea where one might be able to get those rubber boots that go between the door and the frame that the wires run through? Mine have been cut into and dry rotted.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I'd look at a local junk yard or talk to Toyota. I bet they used the same boot on Corolla's, Celica's etc for decades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts