MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what a good smallish sized tow option would be. I dont want anything bigger then a V6 if possable......... thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
ford van w/ a 4.9L I6... or any full size van w/ a v8... cheaper the pick em ups and tow just as well as they are on the same frame.

mark

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of buying my room mates dodge dart its got a 318 v8 and should be able to tow a Mk1 MR2. Right?

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
All the above should work ...

How far are you towing, and how often? If it's a one time thing virtually anything will work...

I use a 97 Toyota 4Runner V6 to tow the race car, works great.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thunderpaw said:
I use a 97 Toyota 4Runner V6 to tow the race car, works great.
hey! I use a 98 4Runner...small world...

It works great, very stable, great big 4 piston brakes. The only downside is that a little more power would be nice when the terrain gets hilly, or if there's a strong headwind I'm driving into. I usually cruise at about 70mph

Having said that, I love it (daily driver too) and its simply bullet proof.

Besides, nuthin like keepin it 'all Toyota'...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was planing on moveing to the east coast and dont want to leave the mr2 here and it might not be put back together before I ready to go........

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
ah the 6 day trip... done that one a couple times.
Used a van with Uhaul car trailer once, and a big BIG uhaul truck with trailer another time. Both worked fine...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've done the trip in less then two days but that was with a co-driver. I think I could make it in about three...... I dont have enough stuff to rent a u-haul van but I might have to use one of their trailers.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
hell if you can find a dock of some sort... i belive it was the mid size and up uhauls you can fit the entire mr2 into the thing... just a matter of straping it down and figuring a way to get it in/out of there... i considered this on one of my moves... but ended up just towing the 2 w/ a tow dolly

mark

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
mk1mr2guy said:
I've done the trip in less then two days but that was with a co-driver. I think I could make it in about three...... I dont have enough stuff to rent a u-haul van but I might have to use one of their trailers.
Well sure, if you don't stop you can do it that long. Try that with a wife and pets....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts