MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and a close friend of mine were driving back from the king of prussia mall yesterday and we finally get about 5 min. from my house. the road near my house has a hill that dips down and then there is another hill right after that that dips back up. when i come to the top of the blind hill there is a car sitting right in the middle of the street not moving. i slam on my brakes but its too late. when i regained concessions i woke up to find the car filled with smoke from the air bag as my face was resting on wheel. i looked to my side and my friend noel was still unconscious. i was screaming her name but she still didnt reply. after about 2 of the longest minutes if my life she finally work up and thats when the paramedics took her and me to 2 diffrent hopsitals.she went to childrens in philly and i went to delaware county. after about 2 hours of tests and x-rays they finally released me with just whiplash and my parents drove me to the hospital she was at. i walk into her room as the doc is stating her injuries. she suffered a broken arm in 2 places. chiped tooth, stitched toung and she needs surgery on her jaw today. i feel terrible that a passenger in my in MY car has to go through this.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Damn...that sucks...at least you are both alive with no life threatening injuries. :angel:

How do they determine fault on something like that?

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Man, that is a terrible ... glad you two are okay (relatively speaking).
It sounds like your passenger didn't have her seatbelt on :(

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MISTER2 said:
Damn...that sucks...at least you are both alive with no life threatening injuries. :angel:

How do they determine fault on something like that?
does any one know how to answer that?

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
That's so sad, my accident happened within two miles of my house, they say the majority of accidents happen right down the road from your own home....I hope youre all better now sorry to hear :(

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right now im not really worried about another mr2 or any car for that matter..i just feel terrible that a passanger in my car is goin to have screws holding her jaw and arm back togeather for the rest of her life because of car crash she was involved in with me

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
innovationET said:
right now im not really worried about another mr2 or any car for that matter..i just feel terrible that a passanger in my car is goin to have screws holding her jaw and arm back togeather for the rest of her life because of car crash she was involved in with me
I am sure you will look back on the incident 10,000 times and think about what could possibly been done to avoid the accident.

If you can learn anything from it great. If not...that happens too...sometimes there is nothing you can do and accidents happen.

Just be happy nobody was killed...that would be a very large turd sandwich to swallow.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts

hey bro, don't be too hard on yourself...

what happened wasn't your fault (unless you were driving 20 over :rolleyes: )

I'm sure she'll be fine, she as well as you knows that it wasn't your fault that there was a car stopped in the middle of the road...

just make sure you wear ur belt... best of luck with your girl/friend... hope everything turns out well...

~mikeym

·
Registered
651 Posts
damn bro, sorry to hear. I totaled my non-mr2 on christmas about 2 miles from my house, car caught fire and I crawled out the window when I regained conciousness. No one called an ambulance for some reason but when the cops got there they were kind enough to take me. To jail. Apparently, when you have an accident on christmas, you must be drunk or high, sucks... :jail:

Someone asked how they determine fault? I know that if they feel you could see them in time to stop and didn't or was going too fast, you will be found at fault for hitting them. If not, it should be the jackarse in the middle of the roads' fault. What exactly were they doing in the middle of the road at the top of a hill??????

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Someone asked how they determine fault? I know that if they feel you could see them in time to stop and didn't or was going too fast, you will be found at fault for hitting them. If not, it should be the jackarse in the middle of the roads' fault. What exactly were they doing in the middle of the road at the top of a hill?
Jackarse? Maybe not. We don't know why the other car was stopped, but there are legitimate reasons why a car might surprise you when you're cresting the top of a hill like that. A motorist ahead and out of sight behind the hill might stop in your lane to make a left turn. Or to avoid hitting a dog or a child. Why would any sane driver assume blindly that the road ahead on the other side of a hill was unobstructed and risk exactly this unfortunate accident?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Jackarse? Maybe not. We don't know why the other car was stopped, but there are legitimate reasons why a car might surprise you when you're cresting the top of a hill like that. A motorist ahead and out of sight behind the hill might stop in your lane to make a left turn. Or to avoid hitting a dog or a child. Why would any sane driver assume blindly that the road ahead on the other side of a hill was unobstructed and risk exactly this unfortunate accident?

very true... the truth of the matter is that innovationET hit the guy, not that the guy hit innovationET, he'll probably have it pinned on him...

unless the kids in the car were drunk, driving illegally, high or something else that would question their judgement...

~mikeym

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Was your passenger wearing their seatbelt? How fast were you going when you approached the hill?

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Unless something came through the windshield at her,
I would say there is no way in hell she had a seatbelt on. :(

It amazes me that anyone would get into a car unbelted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts