MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some oil on my turbo today that I didn't notice before. So, I took off the ic pipe to see how much oil was in my piping. Is this too much oil? The engine was just put in 500mi ago. Brand new ct27, brand new Greddy IC

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
oh my, personalyl i think it's too much, maybe blow by? or maybe you blew an oil line (but then i do'nt think that relaly explains the oil inside the piping. usually i see just a thin layer of film of oil in my piping. so maybe someone else can chime in

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
IMO that is too much. 1 quart in 1000 miles is a LOT of oil consumption!!!
The oil coating will slightly effect your inter-coolers ability to cool the air. An oil coating will hurt heat dissipation. Keep an eye on your oil consumption and keep us up to date.

Brian

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
One of the keys in determining the amount of "that much oil" is for someone to establish a standard for making a claim of excessive oil consumption. Personally, I wish all manufacturers could be forced to replace their products with far less proof of the level of defectiveness. None of us would be excited to have an engine that consumed 1 qt in as much as 2500 miles. Most of us would say that would be excessive.

As of now, we have no idea of the level of the OP?s engine oil consumption. Neither do we know if his crankcase is vented to atmosphere, or OEM PCV. The level of concern and the degree of possible solutions for his car are highly dependent on those two variables in this situation.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.