MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if there was an adjustment screw for the idle on the 03 tacoma like the mr2. Let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
has anyone heard from tony lately? last i heard he was living it up in italy. oh ya....if anyone else knows about the idle adjustment on the tacomas it would be a great help. the manager of my band has one and says its dropped too low, but i havent had a chance to look at it and he doesnt see a screw anywhere.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply papo....i just gave him new plugs not too long ago and it is somewhat direct ignition (only 3 wires on the 6 cylinder). guess ill need to find some spare to take a good look at it.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
adam-
start the truck, then take a small ball pein hammer and tap the throttle body if/when the problem with the idle replicates...if the tapping helps, then you ned an IAC. everything is pre-set...no adjustments.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thats an odd one isnt it? Among this and all the other issues he has had with it he has decided he is tired of it and is getting rid of it. He put a new X-runner on order, but he has to wait a few months for it. Thanks for looking Tony. I knew you'd come through :thumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts