MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was there, where were you?

Very nice show, all the big companies were there. I was a little dissapointed in the size of the show, as its maybe 1/8th of the size of SEMA. Probably took me about 4 hours to walk around and see every booth in there. Unfortunatly it seemed like it was all about the models that were there and not the cars. Every booth had there cars to the side and a model near the booth with 200 japanese men with cameras clicking away at the models and not the cars. I would show you what i mean but i doubt bill wants a bunch of pictures of models on his board.

Unfortunatly there was only 3 MR2's at the show, all 3rd gens. 2 of them were absolutely amazing. youll see what im talking about below.

So here are a few pics of what it looked like when we walked in.

I had to post this pic because when i saw it, i thought of bill and how big of an engine he would want to put in it.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now this next mk3 amazed me from the body kit it had. From what i could understand from the guy, they only made a few kits and they are producing or selling any more. And no, i dont think the lights are really functional.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope you guys like the pictures. I would say its not really worth it to fly out to japan specifically for this event if your not an exhibitor because of SEMA. SEMA is the exact same thing except 10 times bigger and has the same exact booths. I recall seeing stuff at SEMA a few months ago here in japan at the salon event.

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
you know I would love to go to something like this when is SEMA how hard is it to get lodging around the time of and should I plan a few months ahead? If it's more then two or three months off my mr2 will be more then done and ready for a big cruise. oh yeah and how much does it cost to get in or is there costs? I have never really gone to a event like this so I'm clueless AAHHH!!!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SEMA is located in vegas, advanced tickets were $15 dollars this past year, and $10 the year before. The tokyo auto salon is open to the public as SEMA is not. You have to be apart of an auto organization such as a distributor, race team, even a tire place. Check the website soon and it will have a list....the list is very large. Im sure you can find a company here that would sponsor you into the event. Sema is usually in November.

·
Registered
95 Posts
more pics ?

> ChzyMnky
> Location: Dublin, OH
> I went to Auto Salon 2005.

U too ?
I enjoyed the trip/Tour thru Turbo magazine last year.
We had a good mixture of people.

> Kinda disapointing, actually...

Yah, too crowded.

> But still a lot of fun...

True on the tour we got to see some other sites.
The parking lot was interesting. See what the locals were driving.
Got to take in a bit of the night life. Here's to Rapongi. :-}

I also took in the Toyota Auto Museum in Nogoya, easy bullet train ride.
There Are Toyota assembly plant tours as well, If i new in advance.

# phoenix
# Int. Man of Mystery
# Location: tachikawa, Japan

Is that near Tokyo ?

# Every booth had there cars to the side
# and a model near the booth with 200 japanese men with cameras clicking away

Yes it was that way last year. The models are more important than the cars
it seems. :-( I never got to see the House of Kolor booth because
they were tatooing models and it was always 20+ people deep around the booth. :-((((

# I would show you what i mean
# but i doubt bill wants a bunch of pictures of models on his board.

Thanks for th epics posted. Wish I could've gone this year too.
Got any links to more pics ?

Regards;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.