MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get the entire car repainted in GM Diamond White, the color that is on all the new Cadillacs, etc. It is going to have a Border front and Tom's sides and rear.

My question is should I leave the hood carbon or not? Are there any white cars out there with Border hoods out there that have them painted?

My current plan is to not paint it, that way I can decide to paint it later if I want to.

I realize it is my car, and I should do what I want with it, but I am about 50/50 on this situation. I originally was going to paint everything except the scoops and leave them carbon. After looking at some pictures of this, I decide that I don't like it because it is too square and blocky looking.

Thanks!

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
I saw an NSX once that has the paint from the fenders fading into the hood and a stripe down the middle. there were still two areas of CF that you could see, but it wasn't the standard 'yo, look at my CF hood that I stuck on my car' look.

I like the idea of leaving the vent areas CF and painting the rest. You could have it come back in two stripes from the vents and fade it into color towards the back of the hood....If you've got a good paint shop that's used to custom work, they may have some good ideas for you.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
here's everybodys buddy LB's car with a partial painted hood.

Think what you will about the guy, but everyone has to admit the cars pretty hott...

When i had my white 2, the plan was to paint my cf hood like this or completely white. But now that i have a dark blue car, i'm probably just goin to leave the hood bare.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was how I was originally going to paint it, but seeing another car done like this from several angles looked kinda weird to me. I think that that looks great on the blockier widebody Mr2s, but not so sure on the curvier non-widebodies. Thank you for posting the picture though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts