MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i hope everyone is doing great! So anywho, we have three of the our extrude tube top mount intercoolers left that are just kind of taking up space at the moment so we figured we would offer them up for any DIY guy that wants a top mount intercooler.

This kit features a core that measures 14x8x4 and comes with the IC-throttle body pipe. The kit has aluminum endtanks and aluminum piping (6061)

You will need your own couplers and clamps as this comes with just core and pipe and will also require you to get an intake relocation pipe if you are still running a MAS.

The price for them is $600 plus what ever shipping is.

Please e-mail me if you have any questions.

Thanks for the space.

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
do you have extra stock bov flanges left? if so let me know and I'm interested in your intercoolers but I have a MAF so do you have the relocation pipes laying around if you do I'll be in to buy ASAP. email [email protected]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we do not have any right now but have some on the way.

we don't have any seperate stock flanges but each of these comes with one welded on.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Does it cost $300 to make an AFM relocation pipe and purchase the silicone couplers and clamps needed to bring these up to the Group Buy version specs? After these three are sold, are you not going to make any more of them?

·
Registered
488 Posts
actually we're selling these 'as is' becuase we're having the endtanks cast now and these are from the original production run with welded end tanks.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Are the cast endtank intercoolers going to be cheaper than the welded ones? If not, what's the advantage to having them cast? Also, would you consider making a thinner version of this IC so that we can run our AFM's or intake pipes under it? I know thinner would have less heatsoaking capacity, but that might not matter much with a good core and a fan. Finally, since you're already going through the trouble of making cast endtanks, might it be possible to cast another set of endtanks so we can use these IC's as sidemount replacements? (for those of us who want to retain hydrolic prop rods and keep the AFM where it is, or think that the side vents flows better than the trunk lid).

The first company that can make upgraded IC's that are good for 320+ whp and can be sold for $500 or less while still turning a profit will score HUGE in the MR2 community. We already know that MR2 owners have no problem dropping $500+ on exhausts (the success of the TKO) and hopefully we all know how important an IC is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we haven't set pricing on the new kits yet as we are still waiting on final tooling costs. The cast endtanks will provide a smooth inner surface area and insure that all the end tanks are the same vs. one offs that you get with sheet metal tanks.

When we started with this intercooler we wanted to avoid running the side mount to begin with so we will not be making a side mount version.

the new kits will come with the intake pipes needed and all.

Look into making an intercooler with quality aluminum, quality core and good couplers and you will find that material alone will cost you more than $500. Look into the thousands that goes into tooling for cast components and you will see how much it really costs to get something like this going.

It would never our intention to offer the "cheapest" product on the market, we don't do anything "cheap" here. We were going for a quality product with a fair market price. I think once people see what the new kits will consist of and the pricing we set you will be happy.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Well, I'm interested, but how much more is the intake pipe going to cost? Is extending the AFM wires a simple matter of soldering on the correct gauge wires?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
TheSpeedFactor said:
we are looking to make up the intake pipes for these kits. We do only have three left so if i can provide intake pipes who is interested?
Well you know im intrested in the intake pipe with the idle air valve :thumbup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts