MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last night i was going to replace my tierod ends because i have a little play in the front passanger wheel and when i got the wheel off i got under the car and wiggled the hub. there is play in the right side steering but its not from the tie rod end its from the tie rod itself. its where it goes into the rack there is a cup looking thing and there is a little play in it, like when you wiggle the hub you can see the the end of the tie rod move inside the cup. i guess my question is, is there any way you can buy just the tie rod and that cup from toyota or a parts store? I think the actual term or the rod is the rack end.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
686 Posts
I think that's the inner tie rod you're refering to. You can pick them up from toyota for around 180 for the pair. I know that sucks but what can you do. Also, I would go ahead and get the ball joint and outer tie rod set from ats while you're at it. I replaced my inners and not my outers and ball joints and I still have slight wobble in the steering wheel. My brother, however, bought everything (ats package and toyota inner tie rods) and his is perfect now.

Sean

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright man thanks. i already have the outter tie rod ends and lower ball joints i just didnt know if they sold the tie rods or if you had to buy a new rack.

Thanks,
Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts