MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, i'm trying to sell my 91 MR2, which is forsale under 91 N/A's if you wanted to take a look, to get a 2005 SE Tiburon. I think they are pretty sick. You guys got any comments about them, any reccomendations on what to do do them, yada yada. Just seein whats up.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
i personally dislike them greatly...i'd never buy a hyundai....i believe there is a pretty good tiburon forum if you want to get info about mods and stuff

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, if I dont get a tiburon...what should i get. I've got about 20k to spend, with a 10k downpayment. Lookin for suggestions

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
MR2 Heaven said:
hmm, if I dont get a tiburon...what should i get. I've got about 20k to spend, with a 10k downpayment. Lookin for suggestions
If it was me, I would then spend $10K and not have any payments. :)

My suggestions for a new car-

Base Mini Cooper
Scion (pick one)
Matrix
Tacoma
Mazda 3?

Or a used BMW 325 series. Used Supra. Used MR2. For $10k you can get a nice car.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
even though they're V6, they're slower than celica's. that's just SAD.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay if i didn't get that tiburon, i'd love a bmw or a supra... can i even find a nice supra for 10k? Twin turbo? let me know what to expect in that area. i've always wanted a supra...all the sick ones are so expensive though. and still open for other suggestions.

·
Monkeys are Funny
1,288 Posts
The Korean car makers are currently where the Japanese car makers were 20-25 years ago. Below average quality with below average prices. However, the Koreans have an even crazier work ethic than the Japanese. Currently, I wouldn't touch a Korean car with a 10 foot pole. But my prediction is that in 10 years, the Korean cars will be the ones to have.

-Eric

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
MR2 Heaven said:
okay if i didn't get that tiburon, i'd love a bmw or a supra... can i even find a nice supra for 10k? Twin turbo? let me know what to expect in that area. i've always wanted a supra...all the sick ones are so expensive though. and still open for other suggestions.
I was not suggesting that the cars I listed can be had for $10k. Those cars are the ones I would suggest for your $20k budget.

I was just making the point, because I do not believe in debt, that you can also find nice cars for $10K. Then you will have more money every month to do stuff, like mods and maintain the car.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
wallcrawlr said:
Is that a rip on your own dad?
:confused:
lol he worked for them
but he wasent a car speacilist

he was the cheif engineer of their land development sector.. they make alot of highrises around the world.. yes my dad was reponsible for alot of the apartments made in IRAQ back in the 70s-80s.. hyundai had a huge contract with them... and guess what.. saddam didnt pay hyundai the money back..

oh well the US probely destroyed all the buildings made by my dad.. like if he would give a shiet.. haha.. oh one interesting thing though he told me about saddam.. he always built bomb shelters in every building in the city.. it was nuts he said.. lol

well thats my interesting story.. but still.. he wouldnt buy anything made by hyundai.. he said its a joke

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and now i'm lost. ive had my mind made up on that tib for a while. dunno what i want now. new celicas are pretty nice...

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
I don't have anything against the Tibys. I like the way they look (personally) and they drive pretty nice. They're front wheel drive, but if that's okay with you than I'd say go for it. Don't let these guys discourage you from what you really want. After all, it's about you, not them.

·
Registered
215 Posts
MR2 Heaven said:
e36 M3, in fact I personally know someone who is selling their 95 M3 for ~$12k.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts