MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In some other thread, I mentioned that a few of us had already gotten together over Hooter's wings and came up with the following prelimanary dates and potential events:

7 May - Road Rally (Southern NH)
25 June - Import Wars (New England Dragway) or Beach/BBQ (TBD)
8 October - Foliage Drive (Southern VT)

Anybody else out there got some good ideas because there is a big gap between Jun and Oct and thats with nothing commited right now!

George

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Im working for something in early march. March 5th is looking like the date right now. Nothing exciting, just a parking lot get together and maybe some night-time fun at the pike. I have a thread up about it.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you're working on something for Mar 5th, unfortunately its a little early for me - I'll probably either be skiing, helping my father in law with making maple syrup or trying to put together my car that is still in many pieces (or all three)...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I'll probably try to organize something for late July / Early August. Those dates are looking good, you also might want to add the NA2005 date though, hopefully we'll have some people driving out for that.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
RossW said:
I'll probably try to organize something for late July / Early August. Those dates are looking good, you also might want to add the NA2005 date though, hopefully we'll have some people driving out for that.
I might try to get a meet together as well, but I am not sure. I am trying to get an internship for the summer...

On a side note: Who is planning on attending NA2005? I know I am.

Doug

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Yeah, I know its rather early. But with the way my school is schedualing all the senior project presentations, my community connection (car show) has to be done much earlier. So March it is.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Cacaman said:
I might try to get a meet together as well, but I am not sure. I am trying to get an internship for the summer...

On a side note: Who is planning on attending NA2005? I know I am.

Doug
I'm going to try to go. But first I have to decide on what to do with my engine. Turbo it or keep it Na.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ross,

Pick a tentative date and location for the summer meet and I'll put it in the upcoming newsletter along with the NA2005 dates. If I end up going to NA2005, I'll probably end up flying out because I just can't take that much time off at that point. If I do make it, I hope some people I know will be there so I won't have to drive a rental car on the drives...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Yeah, if I go I'd probably split the cost with my friend Will and have him fly me out there in his plane. I'll try to get a date figured out for my meet.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think it would be nice to have a definite BBQ Meet day planned. I love me some BBQ (there's no drool smilie :()

I may even see about hosting it. Although I doubt most people will want to drive this far northwest. Anyway, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric - If people don't want to go that far, maybe we can con Rick into hosting one at his parent's place in central/eastern Mass - they've got a pool too! I'm sure that Rick will go for it - Rick?

Ross - Then we'd both be there 2-less which kinda bites. I really wish they would hold one out here in the Northeast area - I'm thinking like maybe in the Poconos region of PA.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'll have to run it by the parents, but they'll probably go for it. After all, what's another few MR2s at their house for the day.....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hmmm. If I have the meet there, I won't even have to get any of my MR2s running to take them to the meet! :idea:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rick - If neither of them is running, maybe we can have a "strip the car" team competition - one with the most parts by weight in 5 minutes wins...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Is Ernie's Daytona 500 get-together still on for Feb 20th?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rick - just as long as they're not my cars...

Ross - believe its still on, but I'll be verifying with Ernie fairly soon - if I actually watch NASCAR, I will probably have to make an offering to the Formula1 gods (i.e. burn money) in attonement for my sins...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Lol, I never watch racing, I'm just doing it to hang out with my fellow MR2 owners, plus I have to drive up to Boston at some point anyways to check out the SC parts car I'll probably be getting.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts