MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got my 4AGTE back together today.

I realized that after taking apart the linkage that mounts to the intake and cam cover(three point mount, where the throttle cable and cruise cable attach) to have it powder coated, that I didn't get it back together right.

Could someone be kind enough to take a picture of this piece and post it or send it to [email protected]

I'm sure I can figure it out by trial and error but a picture will sure make it simpler.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sent you some pics. Hope they help
James

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks James,

Thats the bracket but mine has 2 more pieces attached to the fulcrum point. I'm guessing because I had cuise control.

Anyone have pics of this bracket on a car with cruise?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Paul:
Mine does have cruise control. If you look close at the pictures I sent you can see a black cable going into a goldish colored clip just to the right of the fulcrum. It mounts to the TVIS, not the fulcrum. That's the cruise control cable on my '87 -- maybe other years vary.

I had already started to disconnect the throttle cable in those pics but don't believe I had removed anything else at that point. The fitting on the cable housing clamps into the U-shaped slot at the left of the fulcrum.

James

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears that on my 85' they did it different. On mine the cruise mouted to the firewall and ran up to that bracket. Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts