MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if anyone has relocated their throttle cable so that you dont have to mount it on that ugly bracket on top of the valve covers. If anyone can help me out it's much appreciated. Thanks!

Vince

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just emailed John (RedValkyrie) about this bracket. He still sells them for $30 shipped. Just email him and he can fabricate one for you. FYI this bracket eliminates the use of cruise control. Good thing I don't have it. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The cable has a barrel on the end that fits into a slot on the throttle body/cable reel. Stock--it pulls from the bottom. With my bracket--it pulls from the top and is secured via a tiny hose clamp. Works great. I've had mine on for quite a while with zero problems.

·
i overtake on roundabouts
3,803 Posts
i just bent up a little alumimium tab, drilled a mount hole to bolt to the inlet manifold and a hole for the throttle cable to go through. works well enough and got rid of the horrid triangle bracket!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.