MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
don't know why but the holes in the other one makes it look like much more of a "trick" part... keep the holy one :)

did you just use some steel and bend it yourself or what did you use?

mark

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
holes=less weight :)

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I call dibs on the one you aren't going to use :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carlos said:
I call dibs on the one you aren't going to use :D
:smile: Too late, its already been claimed. But I'm looking into getting the material to make more, just got to source the right stuff. I only had 2 bits of the stainless lying about unfortunately.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The part where it holds the end of the cable shield looks better on this one, but I like the wider bottom part of the L on the first one, looks stronger.

I think the Mk III should have the old L, new end part, and some holes, maybe even in both parts of the L, if the price was right, I would buy one like that.

Also, to address a concern that has been brought up earlier on this board, avoid putting a hole near the end of the cable shield. This is too make sure water can't get inside the cable.

Very nice work on those!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2502tii said:
The part where it holds the end of the cable shield looks better on this one, but I like the wider bottom part of the L on the first one, looks stronger.

I think the Mk III should have the old L, new end part, and some holes, maybe even in both parts of the L, if the price was right, I would buy one like that.

Also, to address a concern that has been brought up earlier on this board, avoid putting a hole near the end of the cable shield. This is too make sure water can't get inside the cable.

Very nice work on those!
They are both made of 3mm (1/8in) stainless, even the 2nd one has absolutely no flex in it, the extra metal in the 1st one is just extra weight imho. I feel the same about the cable location, much better on the 2nd one
I'm thinking about putting holes in the 2nd one, I'll look at the water situation if I do, the cable sits pretty horizontal so it shouldn't be a problem

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hmmm... That's pretty cool. It sure gives you room to work on top of the engine when changing plugs, etc. I like it. I never saw your first one... Do you have pictures of that? Nice work.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Naw man. If he make them and will give me a wholesale discount I can be the stateside distributor.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once I get a price for making them, I'll find out what the shipping will cost. If it's going to be to much I will make up drawings / template and maybe some your side of the pond could get them made. I'm at work for the next 3 weeks, so there won't be much happening till I get home.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts