MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Looking to buy some good all season tires. Does anyone have a review or know if the Falken Ziex Ze 512 are any good? Im looking for a good all season that comes in both 255/40/17 and 215/40/17. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
seanv218 said:
Hi there,

Looking to buy some good all season tires. Does anyone have a review or know if the Falken Ziex Ze 512 are any good? Im looking for a good all season that comes in both 255/40/17 and 215/40/17. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
I am using them on my stock 93T. (And also on other cars I have.) Great value for money, wear on them is pretty decent (lasting almost 50% longer than the Yokohama ES 100s and 020s I have run) with comparable tire noise.

Dry traction is nothing to write home to mum about. Does not get stickier when warm so don't push it. Wet traction is decent. Watch it near the slipping point ... the Yokohamas tend to squeal a little before they give completely ... the Falkens do not provide that feedback.

On the whole, I use it for my daily driver because of price ... I am not using it on the other car which I drive and toss around harder.

Cheers,
8j2_93t

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for both your feedback. Basically, I'm looking for a good tire that will grip well in the rain and will give me good performance come summer time. Is there anything that meets this description?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts