MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what if i put the 20b on at 17-18 psi, a TMIC intercooler, 550cc injectors, fuel rail (wolfkratz), fuel pump, FPR (aeromotive), and SAFC to add fuel and ran 50-75 shot nitrous. that sound pretty safe to run and stable? I would have to break down and get the safc 2, even though i hate how it looks, so i could have two fuel curves saved. one for running nitrous and the other curve for when im just driving around town.

im also thinking about water injection but that would be put off if i went with a wet nitrous kit, would that be ok or get the WI first then spray?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I don't think you're going to be able to properly use an SAFC to properly control 550s, even with the lower fuel pressure/add fuel with SAFC method.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
With the original setup you will be quite safe if you use a wet NOX kit. The fuel pump can easily support the 550's plus a 75 shot. And the 550's can easily handle the ct20b. What you need to do is drop the base fuel pressure and tune with just the boost at 18psi or whatever. Once that is tuned, tune it with the NOX spraying. This sounds completely safe if you have a wet shot. If you use a dry kit, I will say there is no way you have enough fuel for all of that safely.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will only use a wet kit. so your saying keep the stock pump but 550's with new fuel rail along with a FPR? tune that with a safc, then do some runs spraying and tune it? i would want a set-up that could handle 50-75 shots..

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
No, the stock pump wont handle all that. In your original post you mention a fuel pump but dont specify. I assumed you meant a walbro or Supra pump, you will need one of those two to keep up with the demands of both reliably.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, but then you said with the original set-up...thought you were refering to stock.....so you dont think a safc could tune all that?

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
problem with taking out fuel with the safc is that it advances the timing, but if you're going to be running WI i think you'll be able to advance a little bit and be safe. consult a tuner who's worked mr2's in your area.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wat about using it to add fuel? also, the WI would be down the road too if i did the fuel mods with nitrous..

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Sorry for the off topic, but everytime I see a thread about N2O I get all confused.

What is a "Wet" kit?
What is a "Dry" kit?
What is a "Fogger" kit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wet kit is when the nitrous is mixed with the fuel and sprayed into the combustion chamber together....is alot better for the engine.

Dry is when you spray into the air intake and is later mixed with the fuel, then dumped into the combustion chamber.

no idea what a fogger kit is...

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Not quite

Dry Kit = Nitrous injected through the intake and it is up to the stock fuel system to add any fuel if any.

Wet Kit = Nitrous injected through the intake and an extra "fuel injector" is also dumping fuel through the intake usually very close to the throttle body.

Direct Port = Nitrous and Fuel are both injected into each individual cylinder.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Direct port is the safest but very complicated and expensive. Direct port is best used with an EMS that can control it. The wet system is just fine for what you want to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts