MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a pic of one of the hoses...wanna know if its from the valve cover gasket and what this hose is called..what does it do, thanks.

sorry for being nub =(

thanks!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more...

what you guys think?

-Aaron

·
270whp on a CT26...
3,458 Posts
positive crankcase ventilation system. that allows air back into the crankcase when it is sucked out by vacuum in the intake manifold.

there will be oil in there. it's not caused by a leaking valve cover gasket.

-Mike

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but a week-2 weeks ago when I put that little coupler on there, there wasnt any oil. I remember b/c that line was loose, so I put the coupler there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
the pcv does get a bit of oil in the hose...my does too when i took it off to put the stock bpv back on. did u check ur distributor? generally cars with distributors will have oil leaks, only differnce is amount of leak. also for the mr2's engine valve cover, the oem bolts are crap, and pretty much impossible to apply the same torque to all of them in order to properly secure the valve cover. so on www.twosrus.com they sell a set of bolts that you can replace the oem crap bolts with, this way ur engine valve cover can be properly secured.

when i was fixing my oil leak issue, after researching and reading and talking to various people, i found out the most common places for leaks for the mr2 are the distributor and the valve cover. u might want to look into those two things first. good luck mate.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah mang. Im picking up my valve cover gasket this week, and new cap and rotor. Just gotta order those bolts now...did u get urs from there christian? did u watch the guy take ur motor apart? im scared to do mine man..wanna help? lol

·
Registered
764 Posts
The twosrus bolts are for the 3sgte. You have a 5sfe which uses completely different hardware. It doesn't appear that your valve cover is leaking and it's normal to a have oil in your PCV hose. It doesn't need a hose clamp. It's looks a little chewed up so just go get another section of hose and you'll be done.

·
Registered
384 Posts
sorry i did not further search if twosrus makes the bolts for the 5sfe. sorry. yea aaron i got mine from twosrus, but for 3sgte obviously. i havn't installed them yet cuz of all the freaking midterms and essays and projects :( i will soon though, probably after 2 weeks. want to join me?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will soon enough. Do I just go get these at Autone or something? Is there diff lengths? ive never bought them before so I dont know..

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I bought mine from Toyota. If the old one can withstand 15 years of heat and oil, the new one should too. Has your PCV hose hardened? That crack makes me think so, but I just wanna be sure.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HELL yeah lol its liek crusty and lost its flesixibility.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
A small length of hose from any autoparts store works just as well. It just has to be long enough so it won't kink up as the OEM hose is pre-molded.

P.S. Can't you find some gloves that fit? :smile:

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL those are the cheap disposable latex gloves. Once size fits all =]

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey guys, im bumpthing this thread again.

Recently there is been a lot of oil coming through there again. Where does this oil come from?? Its leading to my intake manifold...

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also, after a track day yesterday at which my car ran hard but strong, I had some stuttering when I started my car this morning, the oil was more apparent on that PVC hose, and my idle is at 1700ish. I think its the oil in there, but im not sure..let me know what ya think guys!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hey onyxaltezza is ur idle 1700 always or just during start up? Oh and are u the cat I seen a few weeks back on El cajon Blvd. by Hoover? I think I see u alot going through el cajon blvd.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nah, I have no idea where El Cajon is =(

Anyways, its been since last night. It starts up at 1650, then drops to like 1400, then once I drive and go to a stop light, it drops to like 1500 and counces back up to 1650 again...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts