Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
from bean
No disrespect to NX or any of it's users,I just like my fuel install.
But I do have one point I want you all to ponder, if nx is the best kit because of the nozzle design why spend 6-7-800.00 for the kit when you can buy NOS,or nitrous works for 400.00 to 550.00 and purchase a NX nozzle? happy juice bean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
from mr2beyond
Test Shot:
That test shot is awesome, did it turn into like lil snow crystals or did it just vaporize...and was it a purge kit doing that? Also because im so excited...im starting with my 50 shot jet--- what can i expect to feel....a nice push or "hold one we are heading for hell" lol ;> ) thanx for the install pics, what a cloud lifting off my shoulders on using this n20, a lot of people hate me for it but hey--> beating a second of one 1/4 pass is the ship natty shing diggle....lol

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
from mr2beyond
Wooa BEan T04-e 50 turbo?
Im running almost an identical setup to you, def the same turbo...maybe we will have similar results....even a 6 puc, i have an act also.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
from gotime242
MR2BeYoNd - You will feel it like a mofo, especially in like 2nd gear and such... in 2nd gear to me (@14.5psi) it feels like getting rear ended. And its just a purly awsome pull all the way through the gears. UGH i love it. To bad i crashed my car....

Hey bean, does toyracer still browse this forum. I remember someone of a name like that, that usd to know Nx. Im thinking im gona up the shot to a 75, but am thinking if i shoudl retard the timming a degree or two... you know ive been thinking about that. I know you did a 70 with no timming retard...what psi was that at again?

I duno, i really want to give it a shot, i mean hell....75 is a lot more than 50

-Later

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
from fastmister2
Gotime, you never answered my questions

Anyone wanna comment on upgrading an i/c with a 50 shot? I plan on running 10-12psi WITH a 50shot of nitrous. I still have my stock i/c. I'd like to get a spearco side mount, but is this necessary? Maybe all I need is the cash for the nitrous and i'm done

But, Gotime, where did you get your NX kit? Where should i get mine? I want the same nitrous set up as you, so you gotta help me man! sounds like you are having a lot of fun with it. One more thing, what are your compression levels? I'm buying some top end cleaner from toyota in hopes to clean out some of that carbon build up and whathaveyou. Also, would i need race gas or high octane unleaded to run a 50 shot on 10-12psi??

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
from icyjaws
fastmister2,
If your only worried about the power your making when your on the n2o then you don't need to but an IC. The n2o will cool far more then any IC could.

My compression was in the 170 range when i started using my n2o and never had a problem running 93 and atleast a 50 shot.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
from bean
Dylan, what do you mean you crashed your car? yes toyracer is still around,but if you want to talk to him just find a post or reply from him and get his address. i have had a few off line talks with him and he likes helping people out,and yes he is the nx man. but if you search real hard you will find bits of his old web site where he was talking all about NOS. as for the 75 you have been around the block now son,your a big boy you can do it. if it makes you feel any safer you can retard 2 degrees do a pull and if all feels good then advance it 2 degrees. i bet is stay at 10 degrees stock base timing,and as always turn down the boost install the 75 and slowly work the boost up to where you want it. one more request can you and any n2o noobs post digi pics of n2o related shots in the sticky? we need to see more than just my car/set up. bean

editrices from nopi.com
NX F&F Nitrous Kit EFI-IMPORT Single Nozzle Sys 35-50-75hp $777.24
083+0005 NX GEN-X Upgrade Kit Btl Htr-Pres-Fuel Sw-Blo dwn $323.28
083+0006 NX GEN-X2 Upgrade Kit same as Gen-X with Purge Valve $403.12
080+1750 NX Nitrous Kit EFI - IMPORT Single Nozzle Sys 35-50-75hp $561.94
well i do not think you got the f&f2(did you) kit so i stand corrected on price.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
from bean
the n2o shot is -127 degrees,way colder than and other aftermarket ic charge.no you do not need race gas to use a 50 shot,but let me tell you a turbo is good,a turbo with nitrous is awesome,a turbo nitrous car on race gas is just plain out of this world. gotime wake up.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
from gotime242
fastmister2 :

I guess everyone got to it before me, but as stated you do not need an Ic at all. If anything you would want a bigger turbo, and leave the ic. Nitrous comes out so cold, it does all the ICing for you. But, imo, you really dont need anything else to go along with the nitrous kit.

I have always run 93 octane, and have never used anything else on it such as "high end cleaner". And i even have like 120k miles on my unopened engine.

Good lord!!! THey charge THAT much just for the F&F nitrous sell-out kit?!?!? Damn!! I cant afford it anymore...and i really really wanted it!! jk, thats a rediculous price.

fastmister2: You could check ebay for the best price. I know there was a guy on there selling them for pretty cheap. Sometimes he would even include a free gauge, or free shipping. Hmm, just looked at ebay not as cheap as they used to be. They are 550 now.

Other places: http://www.nipponpower.com/nitrous/nx_single.html

I duno, a lot of places carry them, you could prob find more by just browing the web one day.

Bean: I have put pics up, they are on page two. BUT just for you, here are some more.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/w...kZmQzMXk1NDE=

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
from mr2beyond
im backkkk..
Back at work to talk about n20 again...hehe

last night i threw in the rear TRD sway bar to compliment my front...then after work off to maple grove, nj to do 3 pulls w/out n20 and see what improvement a 50 shot makes next week. im installing the zex wet tommorow...i will have the digital cam out to show my install which will be very similar to beans....now bean-

i have the banjo bolt and actually had to purchase today a 1/8 npt to 3an fitting to fit the zex hoses. so woohoo thats all i need. i also got some denso spark plugs 2 heat ranges colder...what plugs have you all been running? hmmm im paying $4.00 a lb for my n20, how bout the rest of you?

also im think of using the n20 from 3rd on because 1st and 2nd pull hard as it is, i dont want to hit the rev limiter by accident...ewww crap would blow....

k...

im so dang excited.... nitrofication = boostified --> nitrosickness which all leads to terrified turbo hondas...hwahwa (evil laughter)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
from gotime242
MR2BeYoNd- Aww man, nitrous in 2nd freakin OWNS!! Just keep an eye on the rpms, and you will be fine.

I run NGK BKR7E plugs.

I pay 2.50 a pound for my nitrous.

You should be exited!! My car would not be the same with out nitrous, it is such good cheap Hp. Hell, screw the hondas!! Ive taken out Svt whatevers, many 3rd gen rx7 twin turbos, including one with a newer j-spec engine, base model vettes...etc!!! Am im ony on a ct-26 with like ebay intake, gutted cat, weld-on N1 muffler...and some other cheap stuff... Haha, im CHEAP!!

Bean - Yep, thats me 15er. I activate the system by opening the trunk, turning the knob on the bottle, and walking back to the drivers seat. lol, jk, im running a simple WOT switch (located on the Tb, and a master switch with a cool red cover on it like a fighter jet! w00t

Ill take some pics of the wot switch, and other switch some time.

Like i said, i pay 2.50 $$ for the nitrous, and hell, i could not begin to imagine the amount of nitrous that has gone through my car. I refill that bottle every week or so. well....used to anyway. Id say...6 good months or every week or so fills. To underestimate...lets say every to weeks at least. So...30 lbs a month, 6 months... id say like 180 pounds of nitrous has been run through my 120k mile engine in the last 6 months.

..which works out to...omg 300 dollars worth of nitrous!!! OMG why did you make me do that!!!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
from fastmister2
Hey when are you ever on AIM??? I have your name in my buddy list, but I never see you online. i'd like to chat about this more sometime. Ok, so say I buy that NX kit from nippon, what else would be necessary?

Do I need to buy a gauge?

Do I need a purge kit?

Gotime, did the NX kit come with ALL the hardware to set up the nitrous??? I want to buy a cool factory fog lamp switch for my activation switch. There's a perfect spot right next to the fog lamp switch (It will fit perfect).

Can someone post the wiring diagrams on how to hook up the switch?

I'll be thinking of a bottle heater after i get everything set up.

Bean, you and MR2beyond were talking about tapping fuel. Now, just recently, an apartment neighbors Bronco blew up cause of a fuel leak, so I'm a little nervous about it right now, but I really dont prefer the "T" off the fuel line. Just looks like that could leak at any given piont. I like the rig off the fuel filter. I saw the pics before, but could someone post a better pic? i couldnt see how that actually works.

I just dont want to start buying things until I have a complete list of everything I need. All the websites wont give me a list of whats included in a "nitrous kit"....

kinda frustrated here, someone help me out!

thanks,

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
from fastmister2
Well, I took a deep breath and did some more searching. I found instructions on installing the banjo bolt and gauge. I might just buy the whole thing and use the gauge.

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/fpgauge/fpgauge.php

Now, this just shows you how to install the gauge, but i thought the pics had good quality, along with the captions.

be back with more later.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
from fastmister2

Ok, back. Now, say I want to install a fuel gauge. instead of using their "L" shaped deal, couldnt a get a "T" so I can run a fuel line AND a gauge?? I've just decided to go with Apexi EL fuel pressure gauge to add to my boost and future EGT gauge.

ok, now that I got the fuel crap figured out, I just need to figure out how to install the activation switch. btw, what does WOT stand for??????

Oh, another issue, should i replace the fuel pump filter??? or the fuel filter? I hear some of you guys recommending to replace these parts......

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
from bean
wow, all right slow down. no you do not need a fuel pump,yes you should change your filter,you can not mount a mechanical fuel gauge in side the car as per nhra. i will take more pics when you need them.yes you need a bottle heater and purge. if you dont have these you will be warming the bottle with a mapp gas bottle,and purging with 2 wrenches. the foglamp switch is a real good idea. and do a full tune up before shooting n2o. bean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
from fastmister2
Define "full tune up". I've changed a lot of things up lately...lol...

new ignition stuff (rotor, cap, plugs), got a lot of new gaskets, new water pump, oil pump, timing belt, idler pulleys, tensioner, new seals, hoses....blah blah blah....but I will get a new fuel filter, thats fo sho. tell me what I need to replace before spraying, please

I'm going to mount an electrical fuel pressure gauge in the cockpit (haha ). since I've heard so many horror stories about loss of pressure, whether it be fuel or oil, I want it to keep an eye on. I dont know where i'm going to put the oil pressure gauge though..cause I already got 3 fricking gauges planned out.

now, recently, I've decided to go with a MSD RPM activation switch. I can hit nitrous b/n rpms and not worry about hitting rev limiter and such. I got a lot of little things that need to be thought out before buying ANY kit. i just REALLY need to know what consists of a "kit" before I buy anything. I heard one of you say that the "t" fitting is included, but that wont help because i'm tapping off the filter instead of messing with cut hoses (learned from you mr. bean )

i'm 99.999% I'm going nitrous route, and 100% sure that I'd get my stuff before the end of this month.

If someone knows the setup, somone post the wiring diagram or pictures of the switch setup

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
from bean
Okay from the top
1) A healthy engine to start with
2) New cap and rotor from Toyota
3) New fuel filter and premium fuel only
4) Possible retard timing depends on kit
5) And very important new plugs 2 heat ranges colder than stock
And gapped down even lower. I run mine at 26 thou.
6) And you may want to buy new Toyota wires or at least test them with a dvom.
I will try to get a diagram up for you.

bean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
from fastmister2
ahhite cool, i'm in check. I can get the colder plug..no problem, BUT, I think GoTime is running BKR7E...which is what I have now. So, GoTime, you having any problems on the one-step colder plugs??

I'd like to konw what a "healthy engine" is. I have an 91 MR2 with 122,xxx miles, never opened, never boosted (over stock) until like 2-3 months ago, and never "nitrofied" (this being the word of the day ). My compression (from cylinder 1-4) is 195-200-190-180. Pretty high compression, but within spec (according to the manual, I need compression within 15 of each other). so, I hear that high compression may be due to the fact of carbon buildup. The only thing I'm worried about, if in fact i have high carbon build up, is igniting that carbon and kabam or whatever. I'm told there are two ways to clean this crap out. 1, is running race gas (heard this from a domestic guy) and 2, is "toyota top end cleaner". I dont know...toyota wont talk to me about lowering compression levels. They say its "sacred" info and that I'd have to pay them to do it....I'm calling BS on their sorry ass.

i guess before I buy anything, I need to make sure my motor and setup is up to speed.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
from gotime242
I think the 7E's are two ranges colder. And the 6E's are only one range. Im pretty sure, bean havnt we talked about this? Yeah, i just went through my emails, the 7e's are 1 step colder than the 6e's.

I love my bkr7e's fastmister2, i have had great luck with them. I intend to keep them in there too, as i think you should.

Your engine sounds pretty healthy. All i did to mine, was basic stuff, oil change/filter, new fuel filter, all new ignition, and that kind of stuff. Nothing else really, but make sure you have a strong clutch. I was running a stock one, with 120k miles on it, and it went out after a couple drag races, launching with nitrous.

fastmister2 - Whats your plan? When do you think you will start everything? What are you gona start out running? (shot wise)

But yeah, as far as your question, i say keep your 7e's.=, they are two steps colder than stock. Gapped @ about .028

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
from bean
gotime you are half right on the plugs,yes the higher the number the colder the plug(<right),but the oem plug calls for a 6 heat range not 5(<wrong),so you are 1 step colder. as in my case my car does not run well on anything but bkr6e and trust me i have tryed so many plugs in my car. here is some ggod reading>http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techin...rtnumberkey.pdf can anyone post this page in the sticky? i could not copy it.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.