Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
from midnightracer2
what kind of plugs are you guys running with the nitrous? i'm a college kid, so i can't afford to blow my motor. i have a gen3 and my mods are intake, gutted primary cat, mbc, and custom exhaust, getting rid of my aquamist and replacing it with nitrous express kit. i'm probably going to be very conservative with how much(35 or 50) and how often(once a week) i shoot nitrous. i'm currently running some denso iridiums, and i just read somewhere on the board that some owners have had bad experiences with these. i see some of you nitrous users go with ngk copper plugs. everybody's using different ngk copper plugs as well. i plan on getting new oem cap, rotor, and wires. some are running ngk 5030's, 6097's, etc. i just want the right plugs for my 2. someone help me out. thanks.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
from bean
MidnightRacer2, i to have used all the plugs in the world and found one set that works NGK-R BKR7E. when you run above stock boost you want to go one step colder,and when you use n2o and raised boost you should go 2 steps colder.i buy my plugs from www.sparkplugs.com and get 8 at a time because its silly to pay the shipping on 4 plugs. take your time with the nitrous,always start small and work your way up the jet chart.dyno tuning is a good idea if you have the money and a good shop.

NOTE: to all on the board nitrous backfires will bend your tvis plates and jam them into the housing.
and further findings show N/A cars can shoot lower in the rpm range,TURBO cars should be at full boost before pushing the button. one more it is possible for carbon build up to to glow red hot and ignite the n2o/fuel before the spark plug does.the cost of replacing a bhg was $959.xx,and 2 weeks of down time. bean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
from fast mister2
Ok, so I want to know what gain is from a 50shot on the track. upgraded CT26, KO dp and TKO exhaust....the ONLY major upgrades, and I'm boosting 13psi....

So, at 13psi, I hit 13.9

Add a 50 shot (assuming 13psi) what can I expect in return?

beans anwser is a 50 shot wet on the 3sgte will produce 80~90 rwhp gain and drop your quarter mile time by 1 full second!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
from christian
Hi.
I've been reading all the pages this evening, an impressing amount of info there, thanks
My car has peaked out at 290hp (230rwhp) and 371nm, i guess i'm like the rest here, i need more, more and more!

My car is a 3rev(gen) j-speck (never opened) with a org. ct20b turbo, aussie 3" dp, custom 3" exhaust, blitz ssbc, unichip, extra intercooler with fan, org. intercooler with fan, walbro 255l/h inline pump and ngk grade 7 plugs.
Running 1,1bar of boost (15,7psi) to redline with peek at 1,2bar.
My problem is that i'm very close to detonation, according my tuner anyway...can't really understand why though, but that's what he said...
So, i'm thinking of NX, is it safe to use a 50hp shot with this boost, or do i have to turn it down to 0,8-0,9bar?
If so, then i guess i'm not gaining more then 30hp?

Keep the answers coming please
Regards, Christian.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
from gotime242
Yall need to learn to run nitrous like i do!

I sit on the line with the switch activated, and launch with 75% throttle then the second i grab traction in 1st, i throw down to full throttle and take off like a bat outa hell. Thats right, i run nitrous from the get-go, only after like 4-5k rpm in 1st though. THATS where that 12 second timeslip is gona come from!!!

(-good clutch needed to do this )

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
from icyjaws
i always hit it right off the line real low as soon as i get traction like 3k maybe less.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
from icyjaws
well thats an intresting thing. Most i could ever get out of my ct-26 was 12psi mod was a apexi GT exhaust. As for how big a shot don't really know. I ended up running open n2o seliniod with a 24 i think in the fuel. Had a boost leak so that prolly helped save my engine. Only had a problem w/ starting too low once. Ran it on the street real low in 2nd like maybe 2k buy 5k my egts were going over 900c (my warning light) shut it down. did a compression check all good. When drove it around a while then use the n2o from a stop and it was all good. prolly ran 40 or so passes like that.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
from gotime242
Absolutely, a lot of people use nitrous just for that reason, to run before the turbo is spooled up to increse the spool up time/ eliminate turbo lag. I dont think i would start at around 2k like icyjaws did once, but i do hit it before boost.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
from mr2beyond
Hey All!
I am actually using a new WET kit from Zex for an MR2 turbo...well, about o, Im setting it up in my II right now. First question is, I need to know if the fuel for the kit can be tapped out where the cold start injector is...because i hear they sell block off plates because you dont necessarily need it...but i think it would be nice for N20, to tap out my fuel, if not Im hearing on the fuel rail side of the filter with a banjo bolt fitting to a 1/8 NPT.... but my local place cant get the B and M number from earlier by BEan in the FAQ...any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
from jeremy
I've been installing my NX kit slowly. I'm almost done, but the one thing I'm not sure how I"m going to do is the fuel.

I'm thinking about taking the rubber fuel line off the fuel filter down to a hose shop and have them swedge in a T to run off of. I saw that fitting to buy for the top of the fuel filter, but I don't want to spend that much.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
from gotime242
If you have a Nx kit, it shoudl have come with a T-fitting that will enable you to cut your fuel line, put that in there, then whamo, you have a fuel line "run-off". This is how i did it.

Just follow the fuel line up from the fuel filter, and splice it where its open and reachable. I have pictures of this, i will post them when i get home.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
from jeremy
I bought my kit used. He had a full built fuel system with EMS, so it was different. I guess I didn't get the T with the kit.

If you have a pic of the T fitting, that would be cool, but I can guess what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
from bean
im glad to see more people installing n2o.
the b&m setup only cost 29.00 from www.summitracing.com , but you will still need a line. gotime is that solenoid mounted?what is that tape doing on the blue wire? and that t fitting can not possible be good for fluid flow. put your hand out>SMACK i love ya man. bean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
from mr2beyond
Mista Bean, N20 man!
Hey that setup from B & M...is that the fititng for on top of the fuel filter...because i am searching the void to find that piece you have used. thanx man...
BTW.....
Like I said I am using a new Zex WET kit....i heard noone likes the dry kit, but has anyone used the new wet kit from ZEX, the kit came together looking good. Am I a test dummy for this one?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
from bean
dry n2o kits and turbos dont mix,even if the 3sgte runs so rich that we could use a dry shot,its a safety thing. as for being a test dummy i like it when people break the mold and do not follow the crowd. as noshoes once told me its "going aginst the grain"! thanks for the props but i am no n2o god,im just a guy who want to break my old track time every time i go to the track.im going to try and copy the pic from summit but i do not know how to alter it buy drawing lines to the parts you need. give me 10 minutes and i will see what i can do. bean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
from fastmister2
Hey, I like your setup. thats exactly what I want to do. Where did you get that kit? how much was it? was it easy to install? did you hook up with the TPS?? how are you controlling when nitrous "hits"? Also, I dont know what stuff looks like, but are you using a purge kit too??

And, how much gain did you see? post track times of before and after!

lots of questions! thanks

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
from bean *pic not included*
if this works its the fitting on the far left that replaces your oem banjo bolt on top of your fuel filter,and you will also need the crush washer thats included. if you go my route i can remove my system with zero trace of nitrous use. I.E. all nitrous express users that cut the fuel line will have to replace it when removing the kit. lets see if it works. bean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
from mr2beyond
on the phone....
talking to b&m about it...maybe i can buy just that banjo fitting....wouldnt the crush washers come with a new fuel filter as im changing it out as i add my zex. thanx for the photo bean now i can show the people i deal with - bp speed exactly what b and m needs to supply them with..... but again never heard of zex - wet yet? im pretty excited, going to track tommorow w/out n20 then next fri going with it...what time did u post bean?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
from bean
yes the new filter will come with the washers. going to the track huh, please post all pre and post times related to n2o in this sticky cause we all want to know.

if you get the part number and price from b&m please post it here! thanks bean

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
from mr2beyond
bean and peoples i have answers...
I just recieved B&M part # 46054 from my parts driver today. the fuel pressure guage, the elusive banjo bolt that i needed and a crush washer as I couldnt deal with talking to this place and them telling me they couldnt get me B&M part #46062 ---> which is just the banjo bolt needed to fit on top of a 3sgte fuel filter.

I do commend you Bean, this will be the best way to tap fuel for the N20. Instead of the mickey "T" ---?> and on the "T" subject my friend had a greddy turbo kit on a civic hatch 2 years back and "t"d his fuel line.....will the barbs that hold it on cut the hose, his fuel leaked and he caught the car on fire....ayyyyeee. he just finished fixing it. lol :> )

So Bean did you use a fitting that came w/ ur specific n20 kit to fit in this banjo bolt? i think my Zex Wet kit does but i need to go home and see...

for info on the pn#'s again...

Fuel Guage Set (Buy it and check your fuel pressure anyway!)
pn#46054

Banjo Bolt -- People in Cali can get it but for some reason I cant here in Doylestown..... boy o' boy
pn#46062

wooooo hoooo im excited, can you tell...nitrofied boost....hwa!

61 - 80 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.