MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says, i'm a starving student, and I need a more reliable car. I would really hate to see my deuce go, but it's got a LOT of miles and needs some $$.

I'm just trying to see what you guys would think a fair price would be. Its got faded paint, rear-end damage, and 230k miles. Drives awesome, still pulls VERY nicely. Its all stock, except for it has 15" rims on it. Interior is almost perfect, except for the driver's seat is tearing in the normal spot. I've got all the service records on it, its had almost perfect regular maitenence, and the car is in almost flawless mechanical condition. I was going to ask $2500, what do you guys think?

Any and all input is appreciate :smile:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd be really afraid of the 230K miles myself, that AND the rear end damage... If I were looking for a 2, no offense, but I'd move on to the next one.
Also, what year is it? might help a little with others.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just a bit confused. I just blue booked it, and they set it at 2k. And i was under the impression that KBB hardcore low-balled these cars. I don't mean to contest what you guys, as I am asking for your help, and I do appreciate, but can somebody shed some light on why I should be expecting less than 1k for my car?

BTW, its a 91' sunroof, 5-speed, Sony headunit, sony 3-way Xplodes (average speakers) and there are NO stains or anything of the like on the interior

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
because in the real world a car with over 200,000 miles is not very good any more, even if you were to want the car for a turbo swap you still have very old suspention, electrical..... so on, people want low millege cars, it may be worth more than $2000 to you, but to the avrage person it is not worth half of that..... sorry about it though :(

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tred said:
because in the real world a car with over 200,000 miles is not very good any more, even if you were to want the car for a turbo swap you still have very old suspention, electrical..... so on, people want low millege cars, it may be worth more than $2000 to you, but to the avrage person it is not worth half of that..... sorry about it though :(

Hey thanks! I appreciate the explanation, and yeah it sucks, but o well. I'm just tryin to get a big down payment, cuz i'm gonna grab-up the 1gr tacoma.

Thanks for the help guys, it is appreciated =)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just to throw this down, even though I know the thread is over, but KBB doesn't account for miles after either 120K or 150K. So according to that those last 100K/70K don't negate value in the book, which is completely different than real life. Donno if that made much sense, but had to throw that out there

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
If you were closer I would pick it up from ya for a little fixer-upper but it's not worth the travel.
lol, yeah thats pretty far, well...only a thousand miles...or two...not that far =)

So what ur sayin is that my deuce isn't good enough for ya? ouch...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly, if u don't need another money pit, don't buy the car. I'm sure you already know that, but still. It needs new tie rod ends, new ball joints. The rear-end damage was quoted at about 3k including a new paint job. The motor is awesome, transmission doesn't slip or anything, but it is definitely gettin old, and it shows age well, but still...it shows age.

I think there is guy i know that wants to look at it. He said that he has always liked the car and I tossed around the idea of 2k-2500 and he didnt miss a beat, so i guess we will see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts