MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Sounds more like a blown head gasket than a physical problem with the head itself. Does the temperature gauge rise under boost in upper gears? If so probably a head gasket, if not it might be a ring landing problem.
Good luck on the up comming sale, I had always wished my MR2 was 94/95 Yellow.

Sean D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The car overheats over long distances(over 150 miles), but otherwise stays in operating range. I am planning on getting a leakdown test when I get the time. I just wanted to keep all options open. I would rather sell the car and get something more reliable for school.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm strongly considering selling the car, assuming the price is right. Brad I sent you an email to your hotmail account. The car is located in The Woodlands, about 30 mins. North of Houston. Any offers will be considered, but I was thinking $6,000 obo. Brad, you'll have to let me know if I'm being too optimistic.

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
That probly a little much for a car that needs a head gasket. U will be better of fixing it and then sell it. U will get over 7.5k if its running great.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I can part it out and sell what's left, but I wasn't sure if someone would want the exhaust and turbo. I've been getting offers of $1200 for the exhaust, and a good Ct20b is worth in excess of $800. Sure, I could sell the rest of the car for less, but somebody may want a car that is still driveable. Like I said in my above post, the car does smoke under boost in higher gears, but it still drives fine otherwise. I'm open to offers or trades.

I'm not interested in parting it out unless I get a buyer for the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts