MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car three years ago, but just don't have the time to work on it anymore(I'm away at college). Unfortunately, I can't get it up to the condition it needs to sell at the market price. I've replaced quite a few things on the car recently:

Engine rebuild (bottom end only) - 7000 miles ago
Clutchmaster stage 1 clutch - 7000 miles ago
CT20b turbo - replaced blown ct26 200 miles ago
new toyota alternator from conicelli - replaced at xmas
phoenix s70 exhaust - 500 miles ago
upgraded ecu (equivalent to the mine's ecu)
ats throttle body inlet

The car has 117,000 miles and a clean title.

The car also has a K&N filter, greddy intercooler w/ spal fans, and mbc w/ boost gauge.

Now the bad news. The car runs and drives fine. Unfortunately, the car smokes at boost in 3rd gear and up. I did a compression test and got 165 in 1,2, & 4, but 90 or so in 3. Adding oil didn't really do anything, so I'm assuming it's a valve/head problem. This would make sense since I've never had the head rebuilt.

Anyways, I'm wondering what I could realistically get for a car in this condition? The body is in good condition, along with the paint, so I'm not going to go into details in that area.

I'm not putting the car up for sale yet, so I don't want to get offers. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
do a leakdown test to see what exactly it is...im sure you could find someone to buy it for quite a bit, seems like a nice setup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts