MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the 93 lsd clip that I bought. I can't wait until it goes in. Does anyone know what kind of bov this is?

·
Registered
671 Posts
How strange.. That's a US NA clip, with a JDM swap in it....

Where did you get it?

the zip ties are a cheap way of keeping the pipe from balooning under boost. It doesn't work, but it's a hillbilly way of making the previous owner feel secure that his pipe won't baloon.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
where did you buy the clip?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Nice! I'm excited for you and your car.

Maybe it'd be easier just to slice your current MR2 in half and weld the clip onto it and connect all the lines instead up swapping the engines. :p lol j/k

That car is going to be one sick car with that 3SGTE in it, show AND go. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah, I'm going to do the swap myself. I bought the clip from CTJENGINES from Dennis, I think he's on the board sometimes. The car is right hand drive because the lever to pull the lid is on the passenger side. I don't know why the engine lid is na. Lol, I was going to weld the other half but I don't know anyone that can weld. :p

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hmmm, I think that's a Hong Kong car. If you look at the licence plate area, it's the narrow design, not the extra wide JDM area for Japanese licence plates. Also there is no GTS badge on the trunk.

Either this car was a swap... or it was a guy who went to alot of trouble to convert the car over to give it a sleeper status.

Before you pay and take posession, I would have a complete compression check done on the engine as well as a leak down test.

If it was a swap, then the mileage on the car does not reflect the mileage of the engine. If it was a conversion, then the guy probably ragged on it really hard. Thus all the mods done..

Good luck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The compression on all cylinders is above 180 and the leak down test showed that the valve cover gasket needs to be replaced. I'm going to replace all the gaskets,water pump,thermastat, and chrome out a couple of things before it goes in my car.

·
Registered
671 Posts
hmmm, a leak down test wouldn't show a valve cover gasket.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts