MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

What percentage of the people on the board have any idea what they are talking about?

• 0-10%

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • 11-25%

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • 26-50%

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • 51-75%

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • 76-90%

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 91-100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you freaking kidding me, only I know whats going on

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Only Bill knows whats going on

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Only RickyB knows whats going on

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Anyone with a gt28rs knows whats going on

Votes: 3 2.5%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a comical simultaneous post in this thread
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?p=1637043
I have a question for the opinoins of the list members.
What percentage of the people on the board have any idea what they are talking about?
a)0-10%
b)11-25%
c)26-50%
d)51-75%
e)76-90%
f)91-100%
g)Are you f_ing kidding me, only I know whats going on. :bow
h)Only Bill knows whats going on :billstron
i)Only RickyB knows whats going on :werd:
j)Anyone with a gt28rs knows whats going on :beatdown:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I will log the first vote (don't just post, remember to take the poll)
I vote for "h". Its the obvious choice.
And in case its not clear the "I" choice is meant to be first person response as in "insert your name here" is the only one that knows whats going on.
Good luck!
Also feel free to write in if there is just one person who knows what is going on and there name is not listed above.
Please do not use this thread to flame your list enemies!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That's funny, when I make a technical post, I am so skeptical of the responses sometimes that unless billwot, tomsmr2, mister3, or a few select others post... i'll just stop following the thread.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Wow. And here I thought he was talking about the other Bill! :smile:

·
Bought December 2003
1,243 Posts
Yes it is true I have seen more and more posts by young kids with no money and big dreams.

But I am thrilled that the MR2 has a new generation of kids to keep this car going. In a few years hopefully lots of these young kids will finish college, get good jobs and remain MR2 enthusiats with lots of money to spend on these rare cars.

Our local meets have included a diverse group of age and gender. It is interesting to see older professionals having something in common with teens.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Same Bill I was referring to. Now if I wanted to stuff a Northstar into a Segway...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RedTuna said:
Wow. And here I thought he was talking about the other Bill! :smile:
Any Bill will do!
Bill strong or Bill Wot (insert your "Bill" here)
And never underestimate the value of somebody who will try to put a v8 into a rascal or might even try to make a board for international MR2 users to frequent and support.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
it depends where you go and how you ask.

for something thats suspension related I go to the autox forum, and be as specific as possible.

if its just a general question and I want a fast answer I put it in the MKII forum.

if its engine related i go to the turbo forum and be as specific as possible.

if its something i want to show people or tell people (like check out my new purple shag carpeting) i go to the mid-east forum, because i might actually meet them someday.

I base a lot of the reliablilty on the age. I'm much more likely to take the advice of someone that is 35 and may have actual experience versus and 18 year old that probably doesn't. but the age doesn't always matter. after you've been here for while you figure out who knows what.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you want to, in addition to voting, feel free to list names of users who have been very helpful. PLEASE refrain from trash talk. Most of us learn quickly on our own who to ignore. But it might be nice for those people like ATSAaron, Jeklyandhyde and Rickyb to see how much they are appreciated. I know that there are others who are paragons of knowledge, without being jerks. I have listed a couple whom I think have been a great help to me. Feel free to give a shout of your own.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
josephah2000 said:
Yes it is true I have seen more and more posts by young kids with no money and big dreams.
I resemble that remark! :p However, I do my absolute best to ask the right questions and give accurate answers. And you're right, when I get out of college I will continue to work on my MR2 and make it all I ever wanted it to be.

·
Bought December 2003
1,243 Posts
MaxterDizazter I hope you know my post was intended to get a point across that yes we have some young kids on our forum but it is great that there is a new following. This will help to ensure the continued following of the MR2.

Red Tuna is an engineer that works on improved designing and passing C5s before flight(if I remember correctly). With a multi-meter and a paper clip he help me pinpoint a problem my car was having with my bov, not to mention a full afternoon he spend on test drives and running to the autoparts store. Guys like this are a essential source of info to this forum.

Did I mention Larry owns a 95 T?

·
What Grind's My Gears!
1,181 Posts
HUH???....
most of the people that post on the board... either no's nothing about cars or just read a couple issues of sports compact mag an thinks there rocket scientists... an there are a few wonderful people on the board that is full of knowlegde an experiance an is willing to share there infomation!!!
but some of the older folks from the 2 OLDER mr2 forums, are still around but they dont post anymore cause some of them just ask some dumb ????
plus they think mr2 are cheap like honda's as in parts..
henri

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
You mentioning the gt28rs people (obviously attacking Bruce) kinda came off as being an _______ IMO, and ATS is not all knowing and powerful mr2 god... people buy into new products soo easily.

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Luckily it seems that some of the old timers are starting to come back as the punks are going elsewhere. This is good as now we can get back to making these cars fast and spend less time policing trouble makers.

·
Posts with pics?
1,031 Posts
mr2biker91 said:
ATS is not all knowing and powerful mr2 god...
Umm,..Lets check that profile.
19?
That's all?
So you've had a DL for three,maybe four years and you come in the forum and knock ATS.

A LOT of people are LYING about their age though.Maybe you're not 19.

No offense El Paalo,my five year old fellow Texan.:)

I just don't listen to *advice* from anyone below a certain age.They think they know it all.I am SOOOOO GLAD I don't have kids.

Besides,you're in NC.Matt didn't leave your turbo adapter bolts loose.AHEM...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts