MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

The Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread - Part 28

497K views 1K replies 174 participants last post by  RePete 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Not exactly super aggressive. here is what I have and this is the direction I'm going. Will this rub? I'm thinking w/ camber it'll be close

Currently- 18 x 9 +45mm/245-35 18 Goodyear F1's. +5mm spacer running -2 deg camber. TRD coilovers w/ Swift springs

want- same wheel/tire, running+15mm spacer, same camber.

do I need to roll the fenders?

#3 · (Edited)
Demon Camber 16x8 et-15 Update:

So my rears went from this

To this:

I went from a size 225/40 to a 205/50 Sunny (no name) tire and lowered it down to the very last thread on the coils. The camber was hand adjusted to what I think is max, I'm going to see if I can get some more at the alignment shop.

I pulled the rear fenders a little. The driver rear has bondo right where the lip would fold over. Im rubbing a good amount in the rear, both driver, and passenger.

#5 · (Edited)
Stage 3: Semi- Extensive Pulling

Not enough clearance, so I resorted to the "phone book" pull method. In reality, I wrapped the handle of a hammer with a ULine catalog. To ensure that I didn't crack the paint, I heated the entire fender up, front and back using a heat gun.

Stage 4: Swapped Tires and a Little More Pull

I swapped my tires to a 195/50 in a Falken 912. My friend and I continued to pull the fenders a little more for added clearance. No rubbing whatsoever.

#15 ·
chris1011v said:
How hard would it be to fit 17x9.5-2 front 17x10.5-2 rear? there's a set I'm interested in and wanted to know if this would be too aggressive or not. I'm willing to camber it out and roll/pull fenders on stock body. any info would be appreciated thanks.

9.5 -2 and 10.5 -2 is close to Sergey's old spec, which was 9.5 +0 and 10.5 -5, which can be seen here
Also his thread here with more pictures

#18 ·
mrstussy said:
^ makin me want to go 18s!!! Dam!!!
I never liked 18's on MR2's, then I bought 18's for the back to match my 17's up front, then I bought 18's for the front I like them so much. Depends on the wheel too. Some spokes go to the edge and make it look bigger. The BBS's don't have the appearance as much. That blue car is so nice to look at... nice job!

#19 ·
Hey guys i'm thinking about changing my rims from the te37 reps to the ce28 reps. Made by the same company. Only thinking about doing it because they're giving me a deal for using my car on their ad.

BEFORE

AFTER

The color on the bottom picture isn't going to be the color of the rims..it's just the only pix i found that i could photoshop lol. What you guys think? Keep the 37s or go with the 28s? Just want to hear some opinions, thanks in advance!

#20 ·
climax_mr2 said:
Hey guys i'm thinking about changing my rims from the te37 reps to the ce28 reps. Made by the same company. Only thinking about doing it because they're giving me a deal for using my car on their ad.

BEFORE

AFTER

The color on the bottom picture isn't going to be the color of the rims..it's just the only pix i found that i could photoshop lol. What you guys think? Keep the 37s or go with the 28s? Just want to hear some opinions, thanks in advance!
Way better IMO, and I like the lighter color too..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.