MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
yeah i'm wanting something that won't completely destroy my ride, but i want good handling. i've got H&R's and KYB AGX on my 91na and that's too stiff for daily driving (even though i drove it like that for 2 years). so how does the Flex or the HA compare to that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
That brings up an interesting point. So far, my MR2 is totally stock. Would the FLEX coilovers be too stiff for an otherwise stock suspension? Would I need to install strut bars as well to keep the body from twisting?

EDIT: I drive at least 1.5 hours every day, and the roads I drive aren't exactly the smoothest. In some spots during the winter, they can get pretty brutal.

I also drive my car daily. I wish I could treat it better and keep it in the garage, but it's the only car I've got. Plus, there's no room in the garage due to all the junk. =X

·
Registered
480 Posts
I had H&R before the flex. Flex are going to be stiffer. I have never put them on the softest setting though. I usually drive with them set somewhere in the middle.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Bringin this thread back to life

I've got the older HA Tein coilovers from before they moved production around. according to this thread they are similar to the new FLEX line.
Since this will be a lifetime car for me, I'm sparing nothing to make it all it can be and want to add the active pro system

If I read this thread correctly up to this point I don't think I will have any issues but would like to double check again to get up to date info/comments if it will go for me.

Any words of wisdom or advice before I invest? TIA

·
6,482 Posts
If you want suspension that works and can be easily rebuilt look at Alex's coilovers and geometry correction kit.

If you want bright lights and knobs you can go with the tein setup but dont call it all it can be.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I appreciate the advice and I have already planned on getting the geometry kit.
The TEIN's I have are the super old ones from ~2000 and the car only has had ~25000km put on since they were installed. I was told these cost $6k back in the day (not entirely sold on that though)
There is no real reason to switch for me. I have KONI's in my AW and love them but I am workin with what I got on my SW.
Knobs and lights will be hidden away, I really like the stock interior. =D
Where and how I drive make getting the EDFS pretty practical for me. It may not be the "best" option for MR2 suspension but will be for me.
I will be sourcing some less stiff springs for the TEIN's. I am not going to be tracking the car ever so something more practical like 4k front and 6k rear. default I think they are 6k/F 8k/R rated spings and its just barely too stiff for a daily. I don't mind that much but there are a few places on the road that are more jarring than I would like.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts