MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally ran up some pressure in the cooling system and saw water peeing out the stupid little water inlet on the right front side of the head... this gasket has been a chronic problem for me, usually just seeps but this time the gasket totally blew out. In any case, if the car will run OK, I'll drive it while I get another engine built up for it... but I still don't know if the headgasket's eaten it.

I miss my MR2.

- Ben

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
So you think it will run if you reseal up the water inlet?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might. It'd be cool if I could drive it to the condo under its own power.

Like I said, the headgasket might be totally shot too, but when I forced water in, this is where it shot out.

- Ben

G

·
0 Posts
I am bringing high comps back with me this coming friday, might be a good time to swap...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe... I did consider that, but I'm going to end up getting a GZE rear half, selling the SC and stuff and turbocharging it instead.

Smoking deal on the price for those high-comps, though... like I said, I did consider :)

- Ben Reilley

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
BReilley said:
Finally ran up some pressure in the cooling system and saw water peeing out the stupid little water inlet on the right front side of the head... this gasket has been a chronic problem for me, usually just seeps but this time the gasket totally blew out. In any case, if the car will run OK, I'll drive it while I get another engine built up for it... but I still don't know if the headgasket's eaten it.

I miss my MR2.

- Ben
i emailed you about those parts, not sure if you got it? your pm box is full
[email protected]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger that... I'm sorry but this week has been totally insane for me. In any case, expect a Paypal happy-gram today :)

Thanks man -
Ben

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update, the motor smokes like a chimney and generally runs like ass. It will get to my garage, and that will be that.

- Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts