MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what retail is on one of the L2 kits, assuming i could find one new. i also wanted a aprox. price for a used but good condition one.

-tj

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I saw one on here going for $2,200 used. I bought an L2 kit this weekend from a guy local for $300..great shape except for poor welds where someone repaired a crack in the manifold :p

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i saw that same kit and was wondering if it was worth it.

-tj

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
if you dont bother to reweld the manifold evrey week
and buy some proper oil lines from Justin311
and like to replace all the gaskets evrey 2 days
and rebuild the turbo evrey 5000 miles

than the td06l2 is a great kit which can be purchased from nengun.com for 2600 usd.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
You'd do better to just get one of our externally gated ATS TD06 kits, which use the strong and reliable stock manifold, instead of the crack prone Greddy tubular manifold.

Ken

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
KBlake said:
You'd do better to just get one of our externally gated ATS TD06 kits, which use the strong and reliable stock manifold, instead of the crack prone Greddy tubular manifold.

Ken

YEAH ATS TD06 = WAY TO GO :thumbup

or the ko 50trim kit

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Haha, nice one PePe.

The TD06 L2 is a nice kit, but suffers from the weak manifold issues that the T67 has. I think discount retail for a NEW kit is around $2800. It's a couple dollars less than a T67.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The manifold cracking issue is from improper or non-existent bracing for the down pipe....atleast that is my opinion....maybe Im a little defensive because I run a L2??

At any rate the 20G is alot smaller and lighter than the T67, so from a weight standpoint it "should" last longer.....however SS manifolds are not know for there longivity....good thing mine dosent get out much.

No cracks....no problems, but according to Turbo PePe its about to crack, leak oil, and require a rebild.....so I better sell it :rolleyes:

O' and the oil return line does suck....Justin311 oil return line works great as a replacement.

Sean D

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
ATSAaron said:
Haha, nice one PePe.

The TD06 L2 is a nice kit, but suffers from the weak manifold issues that the T67 has. I think discount retail for a NEW kit is around $2800. It's a couple dollars less than a T67.

Aaron

ATS .. More quality ... less expensive :smile:
he now even saves cash for some nice cv joints , or rom tune :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts