MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
'91 Turbo with a JDM '93 swap
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very happy I waited for this. Exhaust is a nice, deep tone and nearly silent at idle and cruise.

Much better than the EMS Powered system that was on it initially.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What other system were you looking into? Berk?

Catback?
I hate the two muffler style exhausts, so it was stock, this, or trd. I think there's another but its kinda pricey.

This is DP back, catless. Though tcs offers an option with a cat

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No cats in the system anywhere. I have a few on my Instagram. Same username as here

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Should get mine in a couple days, looks like the tips stick out passed the bumper a bit- about how much?

The first thing I'm doing is chopping the enlarged tips off and putting some rolled tips that are smaller diameter on it

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should get mine in a couple days, looks like the tips stick out passed the bumper a bit- about how much?

The first thing I'm doing is chopping the enlarged tips off and putting some rolled tips that are smaller diameter on it
not much at all, it’s not as far out as the hump where the crash bar lives.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

Okay cool, I'll just have to get smaller tips. 4" tips are such a huge turn off to me and most of the reason I've never bought an aftermarket exhaust system. Right now I have a stock muffler with 3" in welded on, the tips are the right size

·
Registered
606 Posts
Very happy I waited for this. Exhaust is a nice, deep tone and nearly silent at idle and cruise.

Awesome! Looks great! I ordered mine 07/30/20 and finally got it around two weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet so thanks for posting this. I am currently running no cats, KO 48trim turbo, and stock muffler. Are you getting any turbo sound with this exhaust? It would be awesome if you could post a video with some sound! Thanks again!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome! Looks great! I ordered mine 07/30/20 and finally got it around two weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet so thanks for posting this. I am currently running no cats, KO 48trim turbo, and stock muffler. Are you getting any turbo sound with this exhaust? It would be awesome if you could post a video with some sound! Thanks again!
yes, I do get induction sound. I run an apexi intake though. I have some on my Instagram though, not many with induction sound. Same username that’s here

·
Registered
606 Posts
yes, I do get induction sound. I run an apexi intake though. I have some on my Instagram though, not many with induction sound. Same username that’s here
I checked out the IG videos and what an improvement over the dual can setup! Hopefully I can get mine on in the next few weeks. I'm curious to hear how much different the in-cabin acoustics are at highway cruising speeds. Have you driven it on the highway since the install? Thanks for posting this stuff!

·
Registered
606 Posts

I just noticed that the OEM rear bumper grill isn't showing in your pics. Does it have to be removed or altered in order to fit this TCS exhaust?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts