MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out what to do for my 91 Turbo. Getting a pretty good refund and I would like to get Koni's or a 93 up transmission. I have H&R red springs, so shocks would definately be nice. This is a daily driver with occasional autox and pretty stock as far as power. What do you think I should go with? Also, can I just machine one of my axles to work with a 93 newer LSD tranny and use the other one stock?

·
Registered
225 Posts
One of the things I would consider would be labor (obviously cheaper if DIY), suspension is easier to get to and if you are dropping engine to do tranny, there are other things (turbo, downpipe, replacement seals, TIMING BELT!, etc) that are conveinient and more time effective to do all at once, but cost does add up quickly. If $$ is part of your thought, go suspension especially if you would like to upgrade other things down the road - just save up and do all at once. It's also nice to plant the power you have now ;) Theres my $.02

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
You'll love a 93+ trans w/LSD. It shifts smoother and the LSD will help in autocross. For then engine, an intercooler would be a really good mod. Especially with autocross and stop&go traffic, the stock I/C gets hot.

·
Registered
620 Posts
alemmons said:
Trying to figure out what to do for my 91 Turbo. Getting a pretty good refund and I would like to get Koni's or a 93 up transmission. I have H&R red springs, so shocks would definately be nice. This is a daily driver with occasional autox and pretty stock as far as power. What do you think I should go with? Also, can I just machine one of my axles to work with a 93 newer LSD tranny and use the other one stock?
Yes you can get the drivers side '91 axle machined. I did it to my Blue car. The passenger axle will work fine. http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=157536. I'm selling a '93 LSD tranny and have a local shop that can do the axle machining. Email me at [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts