MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This kit is NOT a pivot controller. It's an actual kit similar to the Revision 6 w/o the headlights. I've seen the actual product and I was impressed with it, so I definitely vouch for this guy...and I've already reserved one for myself. Below is the link of the write-up he did regarding this item, just in case some of you do not visit the DIY section of the mr2oc forum:

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=86171

For more information (i.e. pricing, etc.), please contact tamdinh himself [email protected].

Pictures

Just wanted to share a great product by a great person.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Yeah, I have a set reserved from tamdinh. Hey Jeevey, I'll skip the exhaust if I get this lowrise. Sorry man.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's cool Kris, the low rise is a tight mod for our deuces any ways. Have you seen the kit in person? At least it uses most of the stock hardware, so going back to stock ain't a problem.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks Jeevey. Once I go lowrise, I'm never going back. What kind of lights was tamdinh using? I want to head over there when I'm not too busy to see them, then maybe just pick them up from there.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Are they making one for the A-dubs???

Peace-

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kris: The headlights he is using are the Hella 550 (driving lights) from Autozone or Kragen. If you come across any other with the same width as the stock or the Hella 550 but the height is shorter, he can adjust the kit easily. You have to buy the headlights that you prefer and let him know the dimensions.

mister2driver: I believe that the kit will work with the A-dubs as well. He mentioned that he will make some for the AE86 and the S13's also. According to him, all he has to do is plug in some numbers in a formula and he will be able to custom make it. If anything, contact him and maybe you could get a discount for being the first A-dub customer.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Imma try to pick this up tomorrow, but depending on whether it rains and if I can get 550's, they install might not happen just yet.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LRG_MR2: So far, I haven't seen an H4 housing for the low rise set-up. I'm pretty sure there's one out there though.

cloud_x7: It's a kit without the headlights. As mentioned, you could buy the Hella 550 Driving Lights and it will work perfect with the kit.

Kris: Better than expected, huh?

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
So it's Jessica that is running this thing right?

Peace-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts