MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You need to take the surround around the light out, and yes, it helps to have the light out. A short phillps screwdriver is also very helpful.

Putting them in is even more fun.

You see a lot of mk1s that have been painted that do not have these anymore. I tend to think it's due to frustration.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
question, if i need one on the drivers side(missing) how in the world am i supposed to get it to match the paint(as close as possible) without repainting the car? could i get it close enouph(it is a eye lid afterall) and if i do it should i repaint the other ilid so that if its abit off its atleast symmetrical?

Note:My car is Black

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
huh?

you can't rattle can an eyelid in black (gloss or flat) and have it match the car?

thats the last of your worries... repainting a car over non matching eyelids is ridicoulous

black is such an easy color to rattle can too (i think thats what u would like to paint them)

I've done body work and covered with rattle cans... and those are big parts...

I'd rattle can both eyelids flat black...

Or easier yet....

go to a junk yard and pull one that matches your car (black, unpainted i'm assuming)

~mikeym

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.