MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how to take the power steering off of a 91 turbo. i had an n/a without power steering and i liked the driving response alot more. and if i could get a full length procedure on how to take it off, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
You will need to aquire the manual rack, the "knuckle" where it meets the steering column and also the lower portion of the steering column.

I believe you also have to make a cut in the frunk bottom as the two racks come through at slightly different spots.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
JekylandHyde said:
You will need to aquire the manual rack, the "knuckle" where it meets the steering column and also the lower portion of the steering column.

I believe you also have to make a cut in the frunk bottom as the two racks come through at slightly different spots.

Hope that helps.
Yes you have to cut the fronk, I used some long ss bolts and had a sleeve machined for the bolts to go threw. and used the manual rack U-joint.

we used the power streering lower portion of the steering column. (AKA) did not change the lower portion.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Really? ... the lower portion is the steering column is 2 different lengths.
The P/S column was over 1" too short for the manual rack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts