MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is going to cut me a really good deal on a freshly rebuilt T3/T4 turbo with a 60 cold side and a 48 hot side.

just curious if any of you are running this turbo and what your thoughts on it are.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
What type of mods do you have on your car and what are your diving styles needs?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now i have a profec b, greddy timer, oil pressure gauge, boost gauge new tires. i have the greddy sp, but if i decide to get this turbo i will be selling it and getting a new manifold, a full 3" system, and what every fuel and computer mods i will need. plus i am going with a trunk mount in september when i get back from buisness.

i will not just be slapping it on i will peice together EVERYTHING i will need first.

as for driving styles? well i want the power there for when i need it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Im trying to sell the same turbo you want. Its a 50 trim comressor in a e housing with a stage 3 turbine wheel.

With an almost decent tune. I made 251whp and 229 tq and a slight exhaust manifold leak. Still spooled fast enough for me. I had basically an i/c, stock exhaust manifold with adapter plate, intake,custom exhaust, and safc running 15-16 psi with a mbc.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what would be the hassle? i would need an adapter to fit it on the manifold made and a down pipe. i mean i am not limiting my self to those goals. i just wanted to set a realistic goal and the price he is selling it to me for is unreal.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
You need an adapter, oil lines, maybe water lines, down pipe, external wastegate, dump tube and of course, the turbo.

The CT27 reuses all of the stock parts.

To answer your original question: that turbine and compressor are mismatched. The turbine is too small, and the compressor is too large. You would do better with a .63 stage 3/TO4E-46, or a TD05-20G, or a TD06-20G.

Ken

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
If the 48 is the A/R, then you are only slightly, if any, less restricted than a CT-26. The cold side is probably capable of pushing more air than the hot side can get out. I think the turbo is mismatched.
KBlake said:
Then save yourself some money and aggravation and get a CT27.
Edit:

Sorry Ken,

I did not intend to repeat you.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
awesome. well i guess i can scratch this idea. thanks for the heads up guys. back to the drawing baords.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts