I just bought a T3/T4
specs are
COMPRESSOR
A:R 0.60

TURBINE
A:R 0.84

i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/59/b7/29_1_b.JPG

Is this a good turbo for my engine?
and where should I get the manifold adapter for this?

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
It is very large and will be fairly laggy, but will produce some good power at low boost. Look on the same page this thread is on for a "Full Race Gen3 Manifold" or something like that. The Gen3 is a tough engine to make those fit. I made my own kit as well as a custom adapter plate so that a T3/T4 turbo will fit on a Gen3 without hitting the slave cylinder lines.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
You will either need a custom exhaust manifold or an adapter plate. "Cadman" on the board sells them and so does LB from extremeboost. I dont know if your specific turbo will run into the slave cylinder lines or not with these adapter plates. The Garrett turbos have a hard time fitting, hence the main reason KOracing has not come out with a Gen3 SB kit yet. I can possibly make one for you that should work. If you are interested, email me.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
tueros said:
hey guys.
I just bought a T3/T4
specs are
COMPRESSOR

TURBINE

That looks like a T4, not a T3. It appears to have a "T4 Euro Housing" on the turbine, so the only thing T3 about it is the "euro flange" on the turbine inlet that has T3 sizing. With the 0.84A/R turbine you mentioned, you probably won't see much action at all below 3750-4000rpm.

To me it looks a lot like this one...
http://www.turbochargers.com/Turbos/TurboUpgrades/T4.htm

·
Registered
870 Posts
tueros said:
hey guys.
I just bought a T3/T4
specs are
COMPRESSOR

TURBINE

That does sound like a rather large turbo. I don't know what sort of goals you have for your car or what type of racing you do or I could give a little more feedback.

93smgturbo, Isn't that near the same size as the turbo in the kit that you fabbed up for your Gen III?

thetjs

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
thetjs said:
93smgturbo, Isn't that near the same size as the turbo in the kit that you fabbed up for your Gen III?

thetjs
It is of similar design but quite larger than mine. Mine is a 50trim, his is a 60trim. I have a .70a/r turbine, his is .84a/r. I wouldnt expect to see much boost in that until 3500-4000 and full boost will probably wait for 5,000rpm's on that huge turbo.

Well, his is a .60a/r that doesnt necessarily tell us the trim. Mine is a 50trim in a .50a/r compressor housing too so either way, its alot bigger than mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts